supercharged 426 stroker

-

mindcrime0414

Reaction score
What do you think about doing the small block 426 stroker, low compression, and a supercharger from the supercharger store. I am looking at getting KSP's supercharged 360, and was thinking of stroking it.

What do you think about doing the small block 426 stroker, low compression, and a supercharger from the supercharger store. I am looking at getting KSP's supercharged 360, and was thinking of stroking it.

I'm no expert, but here is my 2 cents

I'm thinking you should go with a Big Block. I was checking into stroking my 340 out to 426, just thought it would be cool to have a 426 small block. But at the expense to do it I could build a real 426 and to add a blower, you definately will need more strength in the block

From what I have read the stock blocks cannot go bigger than 418 at a reasonable cost.

From what I found out my 340 could go to a 418 since it is .040 over, don't think a 360 block can go that big

Since it is not recommended to take any stock block out that far an aftermarket/mopar performance block would be the starting point

What are you willing to spend to have a 426 small block?

You can take a 340 to .060. It will take it. Want to go bigger? Bore it out and sleeve it. The Ls,cheby guys do it all the time.

Hughes offers a 426 stroker kit for the 360? IIRC it costs about $2500 for the kit. I think it's a .030 over 360, with a 4.180 stroke. It's recommended for hot street, and bracket racing. The dyno test for it looked good, and it had tons of low end torque, and plenty of HP. Hell, ya wouldn't need a supercharger. :-D Tim

The hughes kit is what I was looking at. Since KSP's engine is coming with the supercharger and all supporting items, I wanted to go with that route but go a little bigger. Maybe a 408 or 416, but the 426 would be so cool! Was also only planning about 6-8 psi.

Like someone once said...."There's no kill like OVERkill"

Want to go realy big small block? Get a siamese bore block. They are geting 440+CID with them. That with a supercharger would be very nice.

With the new R blocks you get 6 head bolts to keep the the head gaskets in and enough meat in the bottom end for four bolt mains. We are looking at the same thing. The sprint car blocks are even stronger than that. You can build a Hemi fore the sme money as the sprint car block.Sure do need some blown small blocks out there makin some HP.

I would be concerned with the block living for long, and the life of the engine will be fairly short. You can get some miles from the 4" stroke, but the 4.1 and that shorter piston just doesnt last. IMO, you'd do better to build a good forged crank (aftermarket) 340 and running more boost. Make the power with boost, and it will last longer, be easier to drive on street tires, and be a bit cheaper.

-
Back