supercharged 5.7 hemi?

-

billyboyd

Reaction score
Has anyone taken a new hemi and put it into an a body and then supercharged it? ive got this wild idea but im not sure if i have the money to test my theories lol. Has anyone pro charged a new hemi that was carbed? let me know what you guys know about this. I have been gathering parts, selling parts, getting information, all for my demon project. thanks guys.

thanks but i guess no one has done this kind of thing yet? i was hoping i could get away with riding on another members coat tails here lol, but i guess not. if anyone knows someone or has an article, with a carbed and supercharged 3 gen hemi. let mo know, thanks guys!!!

As far as I know, nobody has done it. I'm considering it, but I'm using the Indy mod man so I have a few more blower choices available. My biggest problem is deciding if I really want something sticking up through my hood, or if I want to go centrifugal.

I was considering buying an engine from a 2010 charger and putting it in my 70 model dart but there is so much you have to do to make it work. Plus the transmission is way to big and you would have to do alot of cutting to the car to make it fit unless you were to find a way to use a different transmission.

I was considering buying an engine from a 2010 charger and putting it in my 70 model dart but there is so much you have to do to make it work. Plus the transmission is way to big and you would have to do alot of cutting to the car to make it fit unless you were to find a way to use a different transmission.

Not sure at ALL, but I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the bell housing bolt patttern on the 5.7 Hemi is th same as a 904...Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Not sure at ALL, but I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the bell housing bolt patttern on the 5.7 Hemi is th same as a 904...Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Yea, I thought it was possible to use any small block transmission with the Gen III Hemi's. 904/727/A833 Or so I've read......

You can, but you need a spacer and a special flexplate for the Hemi's 8 bolt plate pattern. Mancini sells the kit.

I'm looking into this,From what i can tell I'd like to get the mod man from Indy and take it to dyers and see how much they would charge to build a blower to adapt to the mod man and stick a carb on top--Steve---When you look into pro chargers and others centrifugal style I just don't see why they are so much money--the super charger store wanted to sell me a set-up for $6800.00 and my reply was HUH???

thats way too expensive. i find these hemi motors all the time up here by me. The only problem is i want a hemi and supercharge it. im calling a few places tomorrow, then i will post what i find out on here to let you guys know. I would like to pro charge it, and instead if an intercooler, i would run a methonal injection kit from snow performance. this cant be too hard, i mean you guys do this kind of stuff with older hemis and with small blocks all the time. if anyone has any other info let me know. i do plan to start this build within the next few months. i will post all my findings and such once i get time. thanks guys.

thats way too expensive. i find these hemi motors all the time up here by me. The only problem is i want a hemi and supercharge it. im calling a few places tomorrow, then i will post what i find out on here to let you guys know. I would like to pro charge it, and instead if an intercooler, i would run a methonal injection kit from snow performance. this cant be too hard, i mean you guys do this kind of stuff with older hemis and with small blocks all the time. if anyone has any other info let me know. i do plan to start this build within the next few months. i will post all my findings and such once i get time. thanks guys.

I am pretty sure there's a 4bl intake manifold available for this engine.

You could do what I did with my 1999 360 Magnum and make a blower mounting plate for a Vortech (or Procharger, if you'd prefer) centrifugal blower and do it yourself a WHOLE lot cheaper than $6800.00! Here are some pictures of what I did and while I didn't add up what I spent, it was nowhere near HALF $6800.00, I am sure,

Bought a new Vortech V-1, S-trim blower off ebay still in the box for $1,000.00. The carb was a STIFF $900.00 (blow thru 750 Holley from The Carb Shop in Ontario, CA). The other significant expense was the fuel pump and regulator ($500?), a Snowperformance Boost Cooler ($300.00) and, an MSD BoostMaster ignition ($250?) lines and fittings.

It picker the car up from low 13's to mid 11s, and from 102mph to about 116.

Different car, believe me!

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• js640_100_3266.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 100_1924.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 393
  • image0-3.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 100_1902.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_1835.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 383
I'm looking into doing it now. I've got a carbed 5.7 in my Dart already and may have the chance to pick up a Vortech V1 at the right price. I'd have to make up my own bracket as well, but I have a CNC plasma cutter at work that I think I can borrow for a case of beer. Need to see if I can even put the blower where I want it though. Space is a little tight and I'm not sure what kind of mounting locations I have available. Also trying to figure out if I want to keep the carb or go to so kind of FI setup. I can drill the intake for injectors (Indy Mod Man), or I've tossed around the idea of a TBI setup. Vortech sells a kit with a V3 blower ($4800), but they only estimate 430 hp at ~5 psi, so unless I can do it cheap I don' think it's worth the money. You can do heads and a cam for $2000 and make more power.

-
Back