Supercharged 6.4L in a 64 Valiant

-
Mini tub construction is complete. Applied red oxide primer and seam sealer.

Mini Tub 11.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
Mini Tub 12.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
Mini Tub Seam Sealed 1.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
Mini Tub Seam Sealed 3.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
Mini Tub Seam Sealed 4.jpeg (Custom).jpeg

Watching this thread, great work. I have a mini tub planned for my 68 Dart soon and most likely a 6.4 way down the road.

I want to see pics of all the fabrication, that's sweet!

The only way this project would have been cooler is if this were a wagon instead of a sedan. Sleeper!

Looks great man, very nice work! You've probably got something already up your sleeve, but definitely install weld-in frame connectors. I'm curious what you do for exhaust manifolds/headers. I couldn't afford custom made headers and used SRT8 Jeep manifolds.
Earlier this year, after 3.5 years of start/stop work, I got my 66 Barracuda with a 6.1L based 426ci gen3 hemi up and running. I love the early A hemiswaps!

Fabricated sub-frame connectors and raised part of the floor to tuck in the exhaust. I used 2" X 2" X 1/8" thick square tubing. Cut the floors and attached the connectors to the floor. Ran "conduit" for main battery wire and fuel line.

Sub Frame Connector.jpeg (Custom).jpg
floor muffler box 6.jpeg (Custom) (Custom).jpeg
floor muffler box 5.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
floor muffler box 4.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
floor muffler box 1.jpeg (Custom).jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great man, very nice work! You've probably got something already up your sleeve, but definitely install weld-in frame connectors. I'm curious what you do for exhaust manifolds/headers. I couldn't afford custom made headers and used SRT8 Jeep manifolds.
Earlier this year, after 3.5 years of start/stop work, I got my 66 Barracuda with a 6.1L based 426ci gen3 hemi up and running. I love the early A hemiswaps!

Sub frame connectors are installed/welded! There are no headers available anywhere for this swap. Going to build my own.

how you going to control that trans? i believe your only option is HOTWIREAUTO.com
I used them for my 6.4 545rfe swap...
spring-fling-mopar-trucks-03.jpg

-
Back