Supercharged 6.4L in a 64 Valiant

-
Ground the welds smooth and did a little body work on the shock towers.

Shock Tower Mod 7 (Custom).jpeg
Shock Tower Mod 8 (Custom).jpeg

so good.... in for the updates. this only makes me want to start my swap. I am putting a forged 5.7 in my 65 dart with twins.

Alter K arrived from RMS. Bolted right in. Nice looking piece. Bill was very helpful although was quick to point out that this install would not be easy. "Get out your torch and hack saw!"

Had to cut into the frame rail for alternator clearance.

Alternator Frame Rail Cutout.jpeg

Last edited:
On all of my projects I like to cut out the top of the radiator supports and make them "removable". It makes engine installs much easier, especially with the transmission connected. I plan on installing and removing my motor and trans from underneath but not everyone has a lift.

Radiator Support Mod 1.jpeg.jpeg

Looks awesome! If you haven't put the hood on temporarily to check clearance, it might be a good idea. It would be awful to smush the fill neck of that purty new radiator! :mad:

Cut out the entire tunnel. The NAG1 wasn't even close with the stock sheet metal.
Trans Mount Fab6.jpeg.jpg
Since I had to cut out the upper factory reinforcement to fit the NAG1 as well cut out the lower support for exhaust, I had to fab an upper support that tied in to the lower support.

Trans Mount Fab5.jpeg.jpg

-
Back