Supercharged Smallblock Combination.

-
Hi I am new to this forum and have read through this post. I am planning to take a very similar path with my car (a 71 dart obviously) so I am earger to hear how well/fast your set up runs once its complete. My goal is mid/high 11s consistently on California pump gas with potential for high 10s with more boost/tuning ect. Right now I am thinking of going with a 402 stroker based off the resto block, 8.5-9.0 - 1 compression built for around 400 hp naturally asperated with reliable 6000 rpm potential. A procharger with an intercooler running 6-8 psi. It'll have an 8 3/4 rearend with a 727 and hopefully a gear vendors OD for highway duty.

Scampin, I'd bet you go thru that alcohol faster than that..lol. Just wire up a light to shwo when you're running low..It wont be like NOS when it gets low. I would scrap the dual plane anyway..nobody I know would use one on a blower engine. I'd also say the Indy head youtested is typical of Indy product. yuk. 'nuff said. The irons sound real nice for an iron head. Just keep us appraised of how it's going. You want blower sound? Run a cheap gear drive..lol..Big turbo? find one of those metal noisemakers you blow thru and stick it in the PCV hose..Just make sure it's the metal one..the plastic ones melted under testing..lol. (not me, but someone I still call a friend..lol. Sounds JUST like a big turbo, with none of the cost...)

A recommendation:

Look at doing a turbo. It's a bit more complicated to install, but it has higher horsepower returns for the boost. We have a guy in our club with a Twin Turbo 440 in a 65 Belvedere, and it's just nuts. Local tracks won't let him run until he gets a cage installed.

TT Belvedere

TT Belvedere II

I've seen and heard this thing run, and it's freakin awesome. with the exception of the header fabrication, he has done all of the work himself.

Yeah its true turbos are more efficient but I am not terribly firmiliar with them nor am i skilled at welding or fabricating things much. The centerfugal blowers are pretty damn efficient, not as good as a turbo but better then a roots. Plus you can get a whole kit ready to bolt onto the motor.

-
Back