Supercharging a slant, CARB OR TBI? an other questions!

-

SwinginDart74

Reaction score
I plan on putting an eaton M90 supercharger on my slant 6, what should I do to the engine for prep? or can just rebuild it to stock specs? Also carb or TBI, I have a wrecked 2.2 dodge with TBI, and I thought if I could find another throttle body the same, mounting 2 on it would work great? what do you guys think? Am plannin on making some sets of headers aswell, they are just too expensive for my budget, will get the flanges made at a machine shop and buy pipe. I want this engine to rev good, 5000 or higher would be nice, what would this entail aswell. And I can't for the life of me find any camshafts or specs on ones for sale! I look at summit racings's site, they have them on there, but nothing that makes power above 4000rpm, is there any out there that I won't have to pay out my *** that make power from say.......3000rpm, to 6000rpm, I want that cam thats in that blown slant six vid, that thing is nasty!

Here is what I intially thought would be a good build

engine has like 70,000 miles on it

Mild rebuild....(rings bearings seals gaskets)
Polish the rods and crank
Mill the head a bit
Big Ole nasty camshaft
Header
Dual Exhaust
Supercharger
400 to 500 cfm 2brl
( or, had this weird Idea of 4 single barrel mikuni VM 34'S)
Port the head
electronic ignition

thats about all I had in my head

thanx in advance guys

p.s. I can't seem to be able to load any pics on to my page too, any Ideas?

For a cam check out Earson cams they have a group buy for use over at Slantsix.org. You will probly have better luck with fuel injection just to keep the fuel out of the M90. There has'nt been to many who have done this so if you try somthing differant and it works keep us informed!

TF

My understanding is the Achilles heel of the /6 is cam lubrication. There's a guy on this site who has produced a supercharged /6 that produces 600 HP. How long it will do it is anyone's guess. I think you'll find it in the exhaust section. There's s short video of the engine running and the sounds. When he opens it up it sounds like a V-12 Ferrari. Beautiful!

My understanding is the Achilles heel of the /6 is cam lubrication.

Must have heard that from a chevy guy, that got beat by a slant.:-D
30 plus years playing with slants, and I never had or heard of that.
In my early days, I did have some problems with rod bearings, but that was an easy cure.

-
Back