SuperCuda's got a new Stablemate !!

-

Super-Cuda

MOPAR .. Move Over, Plymouth Approaching Rapidly!
Reaction score
Hope its ok to post this here.

Just bought this truck after looking for something half decent in my price range for over 3 years!

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Short Box, Regular Cab, 2WD, Sport with SLT PKG.

Original paint, 238,000kms, all new tires and brakes.

$6500.00 (US Funds)

Being shipped as we speak.

Can't wait to get it home!!

1665315590109.png

1665315656795.png

1665315612859.png

1665315630500.png

Congrats! Looks in great shape for 20+ years old! More pics upon arrival Al!

Found this in your backyard Steve!

From the topside and underside pics, this truck is in great shape . Undercoated, two owners. Not sure if the ground effects and step sides are factory but they suit the truck so I'll keep them,

Anyone happen to know if the sidesteps and ground effects are stock pieces?

Thanks for any info as I'm new to these trucks.

Cheers!!

I see her poaching over here lol!
I agree the "effects" suit it, so whether factory or not....
Call a dealership with vin and see what info they have?
Found this in your backyard Steve!

From the topside and underside pics, this truck is in great shape . Undercoated, two owners. Not sure if the ground effects and step sides are factory but they suit the truck so I'll keep them,

Anyone happen to know if the sidesteps and ground effects are stock pieces?

Thanks for any info as I'm new to these trucks.

Cheers!!

Nice score. I had a 97 short box with the same interior. 5.2 litre with that bright green paint they had for a couple of years. It was a nice driving truck.

I see her poaching over here lol!
I agree the "effects" suit it, so whether factory or not....
Call a dealership with vin and see what info they have?

Pure luck Steve! Just doing usual poking around Kiijii last Sunday and found it. Called first thing Monday and bought it.
doing the usual VIN decoding and research to establish what I've got.
Nice to have a truck again!

Nice score. I had a 97 short box with the same interior. 5.2 litre with that bright green paint they had for a couple of years. It was a nice driving truck.
Hi qkcuda,

Yep! Been looking for a long time. From the description from the person who had it last, its led a pretty easy life. Two previous owners, no accidents, full service records. I'm just going to clean it up, make sure everything is working and use it for its intended purpose. This will not be a showtruck more a daily driver. (he says that now ... LOL!! )

Pretty sure those are aftermarket. Like I said on FTO, those seats are too nice!
Hi LocuMob,

Ya, the seats and interior are impeccable, especially the passenger side. Small seam separation on the driver seat which is an easy repair. A full factory seat cover and foam is available for 75.00 US so I'll just probably replace it.
I found out that the body colored ground effects and the sidesteps were a factory accessory option on the 1998 SS/T pickups . There's several pics of it on line. I am contacting Dodge to see if they were offered as an accessory option on the 2001 Ram 1500 Sport Short box Regular Cab.

Doesn't to seem to be a lot of activity on FTO site. I'll keep posting /checking on it for now.

Cheers!!

White? You'll lose it up there in the snow. lol

Great score. Looks to be an awesome truck. Kim

Thanks oldkimmer!

I've been looking for a truck like this for a long time. Most in my area are rust buckets .This one is pristine and looks to have the ground effects option from the 1996 Indy Pace truck. I am still trying to find out if you could buy this kit over the counter as a mopar accessory or if it was offered as an option on 2001 Regular cab 2wd pickups.

Here's a pic of the pace truck.

1665694973551.png

Heres mine for comparison

1665695049652.png

Wow, it’s super clean underneath as well. Can’t ask for better that’s for sure. Kim

That's what I thought Kim.
Even if I had to rebuild the powertrain, I've got a great starting point.

Boy that is NICE

Thanks !

The guy who I bought it from has been very accomodating as I couldn't see the vehicle in person.

Sure helps the decision to buy when the pics are this good!

-
Back