Supplier kudos, and raspberries!

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
So in the last 2 weeks I have been dumping money into my Duster, going to put it on the road finally. I have made a few sizable purchases, and let me tell you there are some interesting vendors. From the guy insisting your application requires one of only two parts, GM or Ford, and that is the way it is. To another not sending any kind of instructions, and neglecting to say the most anticipated part is going to be drop shipped and will not arrive with everything else. Yeah maybe a guy would want to know that! Not to mention the person who packages it all, grabs the wrong **** or forgets parts! Ugh! I will not name names on the slipshod suppliers, however I will take my moment on this soapbox to proclaim the virtue of one supplier.

Cass, commonly known as DoctorDiff, what a sharp, stand up guy. I wish I could spend all of my money with that guy. He shipped fast, he knew what he was talking about, and so far his parts are dialed in. He was also astute enough to tell me some of his parts would be drop shipped and to look for them separately.

So in summary let me just say, anytime you have a choice in buying like parts from multiple vendors, and one of them is DoctorDiff? Buy the DoctorDiff parts, you will not be disappointed.

Not fair to come on here bitching about bad service and not name them. Too many guys on here spend their hard earned money and deserve to know if someone is less than ethical. Until you name them, this thread, IMO had no merit.

Glad to hear about Dr Diff though. That was something we all already knew about.

neme 'em bro! We are all adults here, and sometimes they are even reading these..and might chime in and apologize and make good..or give us the dirt on the other side of the coin....;-)

Well boys I am mid stride with one supplier yet. The one that didn't tell me about the drop ship and then shipping the wrong parts and omitting some. I will give them the opportunity to make it right. This supplier also claims to have a flywheel I desperately need, however if it ends up wrong, I am going to have to eat a little crow and go back to the 1st guy. The guy that can only sell me Ford or GM parts. He does have the correct flywheel. So I will update this post but I am not going to torch a company before giving them the op to make it right. I am also not willing to burn a bridge, before I am certain I won't need it.

WTF!!!! Sounds like the supplier already burnt the bridge for you! BAD service is just BAD service! Hope you get all your parts soon so you can get your car back on the road.

So whats the point of this thread, if you won't name them, as you're still in process to get your parts straight. Maybe finish the transaction, then spill the beans.

yes I get mistreated and I name them.. did so just yesterday.. will name them again,,, CLASSIC IND. FINE LINES !! Ha

your turn Bro!!

Ok time to spill it. The flywheel to install an 833 behind a factory injected magnum motor is what has caused this entire thread. I got excited when somebody posted Modern Driveline had this flywheel. So I ordered it, and everything related to a hydraulic clutch. 2 days after placing my order( must have been a new guy, he didn't know jack) I was still getting phone calls trying to tell me that my throwout bearing had to be one of two. A GM part or a Ford part. i was also going to receive some oem GM hydraulic master cylinder. Well after 2 days of screwing around with them I took a chance and contacted American Powertrain. Only to discover, they had a kit designed for mopars to install a hydraulic clutch. Custom made bearing for a 23 spline 883. Not one of the "only" 2 sizes almost everything falls into. Then I also discovered they have the same flywheel...at nearly $130 less expensive. So I cancelled my Modern Driveline order and placed one with American Powertrain. Modern wanted me to re measure my trans and or do my research and find the correct dimension. What was I to do, call Jamie Passon and ask him if there was anything else. Let's just say that by the time I was 2 days past my order date and still playing games with them, I had lost confidence.
Now the other side of the coin, I wasn't real happy with American Powertrain either. I don't think you should take an order from someone, and then not tell them the single most important piece wasn't going to come in the package. Tell the customer during the process it is going to be dropshipped. That way when the package arrives and they don't find the part, they aren't ticked off. Which only made me look at everything else harder. Discovering that the much touted firewall bracket wasn't there and the master was wrong. Long story short, American Powertrain handled the mistake professionally, issued UPS return tags, picked up the wrong pieces and shipped out the correct stuff. Would I ever call Modern Driveline again? No! Would I call American Powertrain again? Yes! Would I call DoctorDiff again? Absolutely, He will be the 1st person I call.

-
Back