Sure Grip shipping

-

dgibby

Reaction score
Getting ready ship a 489 sure grip with yoke on it. Quite a few have said a 5 gallon bucket with the lid on is the best way but mine sticks up about 3 inches out of the bucket, no way to get a lid on. Have several buckets and all seem to be the same height. Lid, no lid? taller buckets available? Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

probably the easiest way is to remove the yoke
I understand that wasn't your original deal, but I promise I wont complain if you send it to my house

Cut a hole in the lid just big enuff for the yoke to stick thru, and two or three circular pieces of plywood to fit in the bottom, saw slots in them to fit the ring-gear, this'll help prevent it breaking thru the bottom, and breaking someones toe..

cheers

Cut a hole in the lid for the snout, that is how mine came via UPS.

I received a pumpkin with the yoke still installed that was completely enclosed with the lid on tight. It was at least a 6 gal bucket or maybe even 7. 5 gal bucket is just too short

Cut a hole in the lid for the snout, that is how mine came via UPS.

True story. Lol. I'm the one that sent it.

Just cut a 2 x 3 hole in the lid and wrap the yoke with foam and duct tape. Works awesome and you don't loose your preload by removing yoke.

Hope this helps. Eric L

Lady at ups didn't bat an eye about it sticking out either. But when they ask if there's any fluids of any type, don't try to explain gear lube residue…just say, "no, no there's not". Lol

Getting ready ship a 489 sure grip with yoke on it. Quite a few have said a 5 gallon bucket with the lid on is the best way but mine sticks up about 3 inches out of the bucket, no way to get a lid on. Have several buckets and all seem to be the same height. Lid, no lid? taller buckets available? Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

Look at different plastic buckets. Bought a pumpkin last year and it came inside the bucket. I can not remember what kind of bucket it was. Do not pull the yoke off a 489 case unless you have to, and plan on rebuilding it.

I'm not going to pull the yoke off so I will to find a taller bucket or cut the hole in the lid. Thanks for the help.

-
Back