Suregrip question

-

themoparman73

Reaction score
Hello Fabo family

I've been fighting with adjusting the axle end play for about 3 hours. I just removed my 294 non suregrip to 355 suregrip. I looked into the third member I see a spacer in the middle. Is there something I'm missing inside. Kinds stinks because I just put a new gasket on the thing.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

I'm running sock axles.

What exactly is the problem? Fighting the end play how? Can't get it tight enough, or can't get it loose enough?

Just to be sure....

1. You are using tapered OEM style bearings
  2. Your center section has the button in the center and it was visable from both ends, AND it looked the same from both sides. Before it is installed it should look like a barbell
  3. One side does not have an adjustable retainer
  4. The other side does have an adjustable retainer.
  5. You are following the procedure in the Facture Service Manual

Please answer post #8. Without that, we're pissin in the wind.

Oops, I do but they came from Google.
I think I'm missing the thrust button. Any pictures I can see? Thanks

thrust button2.jpg
Pull your axles out and shine a flashlight in there. If you can see all the way through you are missing the buttons

thrust button.jpg

I think I'm missing the thrust button. Any pictures I can see? Thanks
How do you know you need one? You've never told us WHICH sure grip you have. The cone style does not use a thrust button. The clutch style does.

10 bucks says the thrust button the drivers side is in the bottom of the housing

Those things are the devils work! It doesn't take but once to learn that lesson, and will change even a hard head like mine's to rethink Green Bearings. :BangHead:

Mine are missing for sure. Now I need to fine them to put them in. There was nothing in my dif.Thank you everyone for the info. Have to put in a wanted add.

Mine are missing for sure. Now I need to fine them to put them in. There was nothing in my dif.Thank you everyone for the info. Have to put in a wanted add.
I assume you looked in the bottom of the housing, then?

Tip of the day. When you go to install the thrust button assembly, coat it liberally with wheel bearing grease and install it. The grease will keep it from falling out.

-
Back