suregrip

-

74Dusterkid

Reaction score
i have been looking on the internet for new suregrips for an 8 1/4 and i found alot of places with the mopar performance suregrip? and most are offering them for $313 with out gears. cause while the rear is out of the car we want to replace the diff,bearings,and anything else needing to be done in the rear. are there any recommendations for bearings and stuff like that?

thanks craig jr

sorry got really confused. lol its an 8 1/4 so i was wrong. but do you think that that is a good deal? cause its a mopar performance dif.

what kind of gear would everyone recomend to run cause its gonna be a daily driver. but it will make it to the track occasionaly. like if i ran 3.73's and went with like 15's or 16s that would turn out like 3.60 somethins wouldnt it? cause i dont want to go to far with them cause it needs to be a streetable car. 3.55's might even work with the 14's or 15's on it now.

well on saturday we went to the local u pull it and got 3.55s out of a 95 dakota with an open carrier. and this coming saturday we are goin back up and getting a set of 4.10s out of the 94 jeep right next to it. and the amazing thing is for the open carrier and the gears,adjusters,races,pinion, all the good stuff for 42 dollars. this time were gonna take the whole rear end axles and all with the housing for only 36. good deal right? edit also i ordered a suregrip from mopar performace for the 8.25.

well on saturday we went to the local u pull it and got 3.55s out of a 95 dakota with an open carrier. and this coming saturday we are goin back up and getting a set of 4.10s out of the 94 jeep right next to it. and the amazing thing is for the open carrier and the gears,adjusters,races,pinion, all the good stuff for 42 dollars. this time were gonna take the whole rear end axles and all with the housing for only 36. good deal right? edit also i ordered a suregrip from mopar performace for the 8.25.
It,s to bad,cause I have a 8 1/4 sure-grip unit with new 4.10 gears for sale.Interested?

well i got the suregrip yesterday after i only ordered it on wednesday at 9 pm. got it from summit for $313 and had it in 2 days now all i need to do is get the seals and bearings and i will be able to put it all back together. anyone know where i can get stuff like that. the bearings and seals?

been a while since ive been on and posted but i have gotten bearings and seals from randy's ring and pinion, seal for the cover at a local speed shop, and lakewood gear oil yellow label. now all i have to do is get it all back together.

-
Back