Surging

-

carsnguitars

Reaction score
I have a 69 dart swinger with a built 318. When I hooked up my msd 6al the car would surge under light acceleration, but run like crazy when I put my foot in it... Unhooked my msd and it runs fine,,, no surging... I'm putting a 340 in my car in the spring and I would like to run my msd. So if anyone might be able to tell me what might fix my problem that would be awesome...:banghead:

If you are running with the vacuum advance, try without that. If better, then too much advance. Otherwise might be noise problem that is giving false triggers to the msd. Might check grounds. Might consider adding ground wire to distributor-intake and check engine to chassis strap.

^ +2. I would suggest checking the grounds, and making sure the signal wires are routed well away from the coil.

Thanks everyone I will check all of the sugestions... I am also getting a new engine bay wiring harnes to fix a few other problems I am having... I'll let you know how it turns out... I want it to be right when I drop my 340 in it in a few weeks...

-
Back