survivor vs restoration

-
She's a clean machine. Definitely a "survivor" or a "un-restored original" if you prefer. There only like that once. Tires, brakes, and tune. Have fun with it. When you pull into a car cruise you will be suprised how much attention it attracts. SCORE!!!!!
don't really enter many shows about 2000had a really nice vw thing entered a show was put in special interest class with a real ac cobra a lasalle and some high dollar brass cars won best of class so much for 6 figure trailer queens

Without getting in a discussion about collector car insurance, You might want to check this guy out in your area. ANPAC Chrome collector car insurance has good coverage and is reasonably priced.

Find a Local Insurance Agent - ANPAC

my opinion on painting the white top is perfect the hood trunk and flat surfaces around them need paint there is a seam aout 3 inches down the side running the entire length of car so paint everything that's green down to that seam buff out the rest then a thin white pin stripe down this transistion line
DSCF8784.JPG

all 4 window winders were frozen took off winders sprayed wd 40 0n gear mechanism hit the hinges with a little wd 40 now everything works like new moved the dart in the next stall ordered a set of shorty headers got everthing I need to put it back togeather all lights work now including trunk and interior except left front signal on the coronet anyone can give me a pic of how the spare tire and jack is secured in the coronet
DSCF8834.JPG

Sometimes I wish cars could talk.
Maybe they do?
I do drive them just drove to my painter cause miss daisy whispered in my ear last night she said the old dude is dead make me look pretty and ride me hard we worked out a plan where the car stays a driver while we prep it so itll only be down a couple of days while we tape& shoot the green then yalk yo upholster sbot just doing top of seats and dyeing the carpets
DSCF8835.JPG
DSCF8836.JPG

pulled back seat nothing but factory fresh green metal the build sheet mouse nest and petrified mouse absolutely no trash or fast food remains

Really a nice car. I just parted a 66 belve if you need some stupid stuff let me know. Drive it and enjoy her. I have Grundy classic ins on mine and just had a engine fire they were great with the claim. I only pay 160 a year also.

put trunk back togeather total cost 6.00 a sheet of 60 grit and a can of rust kill pretty sure the spare is factory 4 ply nylon dual white wall of note the wheel weight had a factory mark a yellow linethrough the center extending 1 inch on both sides
DSCF8844.JPG
DSCF8845.JPG
DSCF8845.JPG
DSCF8846.JPG
DSCF8850.JPG

so now we move to the engine compartment amdcheck out the front suspension brakes are new will install new front tires at this point de grease engine clean the green part paint intake and valve covers probably have some period correct clamps
DSCF8778.JPG
DSCF8779.JPG

so now we move to the engine compartment amdcheck out the front suspension brakes are new will install new front tires at this point de grease engine clean the green part paint intake and valve covers probably have some period correct clampsView attachment 1714969214 View attachment 1714969215
took a bunch of pics in case I go brain dead this is where we at now wil lremove hoses and lift throttle and kickdown linkage up out of the way
DSCF8862.JPG

so engine and trunk are basically done new tires are on freshly painted steelies ordered new green carpet and a roll of clover green duck tape which I will use to repair some cracked vinyl on yhe seat top edges inside will be easy will work on area around master cyl and shine up green
DSCF8868.JPG

Looks great.....not a "survivor " anymore, but looks good....there ment to be driven anyhow

Looks great.....not a "survivor " anymore, but looks good....there ment to be driven anyhow
would you consider the cars in cuba survivors my focus has somewhat changed going to make the best car for the least amount of money I can kind of like we did it back in the old days

would you consider the cars in cuba survivors my focus has somewhat changed going to make the best car for the least amount of money I can kind of like we did it back in the old days
still got some finish up on engine but going to work on the interior some floor pans are great some scaly rust around acellarator due to missing fire wall plug no rust through all 4 edges plust top center of rear seat need a little patching otherwise very good
DSCF8871.JPG
DSCF8872.JPG
DSCF8873.JPG
DSCF8875.JPG
DSCF8876.JPG

-
Back