Susannes' 64 Valiant/Barracuda

-

baucco

Reaction score
So,we have had the car for a month now and I've got it pretty respectable. It might not be a 20 footer yet,maybe more like a 30 or 40 but here are some pics of our progress! Now if I could just get the choke thermostat I ordered almost a month ago and figure out my wiring nightmare we'd be in good shape!

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Good gravy, under way we are!
Next picture, I'd like to see you both knee deep into it on that car. LOL.
Lookin good.

Bring on the memories!! :hello2:
Looking good and the stipe looks good and strait.:thumleft:
Keep us updated.

I see the Duke looking over you.:glasses8:

Looks good so far, Got to love those early Barracuda's for sure. When I started looking at the pics it reminded me of my 65 when I was first getting it ready to paint. Keep up the good work, and look forward to more prgress pics.

By the Zip in your profile your located in Indiana... I know of two 64/65 Cudas in a junk yard about two hours from you on the east side of the state!

I have finally defeated the Electrical Gremlins! Now I just need to do some final buttoning up and hopefully we'll be driving this weekend! Cross your fingers,knock wood,spit over your shoulder,Shake your hip,bite your lip,Shoot your Mother-in-law! We're gonna need all the luck we can get!

WOO! Man did that feel good! The car hasn't been driven in 9 years so it's not perfect,but we got a lot of doubletakes and appreciative feedback while driving around today! Now I have to fix the leak in the gas tank filler neck,the gasket was all worn out. Crap. More driving tomorrow I hope!

Did a quickie paint job on the valve covers and manifolds just so we wouldn't be embarrased with the hood open. (since it seems to be that way often.) Oh well,back to work!

11.01.07 162.jpg

11.01.07 161.jpg

Nice car. I love early bacaruda's. Where did you find it? Not much rust that I could see. Keep up the good work!

-
Back