Suspension and Rear end question:

-

RDupont01

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 1973 Swinger and want to know what rear end and gearing is suggested for street use, short highway driving, and some snap to it?

Also my suspension seems to "float" and when turning I have some major lean, any ideas on what upgrade I can do to suspension without spending thousands?

I am a new owner of a 1973 Swinger and want to know what rear end and gearing is suggested for street use, short highway driving, and some snap to it?

Also my suspension seems to "float" and when turning I have some major lean, any ideas on what upgrade I can do to suspension without spending thousands?

Swaybars and/or torsion bars are the most cost effective things you can do for handling.

I don't have any recommendations for gearing.

Welcome To FABO!!

Any idea where I can pick up either for cheap? I cant seem to find any Dart parts specific websites?

Check and make sure the front end parts are all in good shape. If not rebuild the front end. Put heavier (1") torsion bars on and a nice new set of 6 leaf springs in the rear with good shocks all around. Then front and rear sway bars. Should be good to go then.

Oh and don't forget a good alignment by someone that knowswhat they are doing. Not someone that just puts things where thelights turn green.

You can get a front end rebuild kit from places like Performance Suspension Technology or Just Suspension. They also sell springs & torsion bars. Check PST's ebay store for good deals on torsion bars. You can also find springs for a decent price at Summit Racing or Jegs. Also check with ESPO's Springs & Things.

-
Back