Suspension question

-
I don't want to start a war, but that seems to hit a nerve as one that hits a nerve..............

You can cut more than fine at auto-x just fine with torsion bars, aftermarket K frame is a waste of money IMO. Unless its burning a hole in your pocket.

Do some research, 'autoxcuda' is the one to talk to.

I autocross my car and what I need to invest in is 18" wheels and tires and lower the rear. New set of shocks would be nice also.

SS/AH cars are running low 8s @ 160 + mph on stock front suspensions; doesn't seem to slow them down too much .... Always makes me laugh when I hear people say that they have to spend $7000.00 for aftermarket suspensions to "go fast" or make their car "handle". Transam Cudas and Challengers were pulling well over 1G cornering forces in 1970-71 with basically stock front suspensions.

Exactly what do you want the car to do or be?
Drag racer, street brawler, canyon cutter, autocross
a mix of all the above?
What are you starting with?
You can never go wrong with excellent shocks...........
unless there for the wrong purpose.

SS/AH cars are running low 8s @ 160 + mph on stock front suspensions; doesn't seem to slow them down too much .... Always makes me laugh when I hear people say that they have to spend $7000.00 for aftermarket suspensions to "go fast" or make their car "handle". Transam Cudas and Challengers were pulling well over 1G cornering forces in 1970-71 with basically stock front suspensions.

All true! I especially like how they yack about header clearance, then spend 6k on a aftermarket suspension, to get more room but piss and moan about a 800 header......

-
Back