Swap help

-

m99roadster

Reaction score
I'm about finished (for the time being) with my four door Dart. Body and interior done 340 added 8.75 rear also. I'm not satisfied with the stopping, I have SBP manual breaks with drums on all 4 corners. I'd like to change the breaks to a four wheel power disk setup LBP and go from 14" wheels to 15". I've been looking through the threads to find info on a complete setup to no avail. For the rear I know I'll have to change the axels so I might as well put discs back there so I don't have to buy new drums. I'm looking for the best bolt on 4 wheel disc setup from one source that I can find. I'd also like to change all the front end parts at the same time. Any suggestions on sources and kits from someone that has already done this swap would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 175
For axles and brake stuff, you may want to contact Dr Diff. Stand up guy to talk and work with. He has a couple options for brake kit that use over the counter parts.

Thanks for the info MuuMuu101, I've been in touch with Dr Diff and he's emailed me some prices. If anyone else has any other ideas I'd like to hear them also.

Yep contact dr diff. Use 11.75 front rotors and the 10.7 in the rear (that said I'd spend the extra $50 to get the 11.7 rear rotors).

If the disc conversion in the rear is too pricey or has other complications, just be aware that most braking use is fine with disc front/drum rear. 10" drums can do a lot more than you might think and you should not be afraid to use them. Disc rears are good for the ability to dissipate heat more quickly but that is usually only an issue in very heavy use like road tracks or maybe extremely agressive braking use on mountains. You can only use so much rear braking before you get too much in the rear and screw up the F/R bias.

Using the larger rear discs seems out of proportion to me unless the rear pad sizes are suitably smaller than the fronts. The larger rear discs WOULD have more heat capacity which is good. But again, IMO, very few people would be able to really use/need them.

Nice looking car; with the mods, I expect the brake upgrade is overdue! Sorry, but the handicap tag seems uncalled for...LOL

Thanks for the replies, I spoke with Cass (doctordiff) and ordered front 11.75 disc brakes and the 10 inch rear drum brakes that he sells. I'm also upgrading to LBP while I'm at it. Thank you to all that replied, it helped with my desicion.

Thanks for the replies, I spoke with Cass (doctordiff) and ordered front 11.75 disc brakes and the 10 inch rear drum brakes that he sells. I'm also upgrading to LBP while I'm at it. Thank you to all that replied, it helped with my desicion.

-
Back