Swap meets

-

Rick 5150 69

Reaction score
Went to Hot Aug nights swap meet today, rather dismayed at the poor turn out of mopar parts, even e- and b- body parts let alone a-body parts, one vendor there had a few e-parts and that was it, but there was three.... 2 `68`s one was a clone GTS and one `69 ragtop GTS for sale there, it seems that the`ve all gone to the crusher, getting real hard to find stuff out there with out buying complete cars anymore...!

Best West Coast swap meet for Mopar parts is at Spring Fling. There's never much at all-make shows. There's still parts out there, though.

Same here in the Midwest, Multi make shows and swaps, is just about a strikeout for Mopar stuff.

Went to one on Sat morn and just stocked up on supplies, like hose clamps,fuse boxes, light bulbs, etc.,and a few odd tools. Very little Mopar stuff, and the few cars for sale must have been solid gold, or at least plaited.

All the shows I have been to this year have been down in attendence, and seemed kind of off from years past, that includes the Mopar shows also.

Dave C.

This year's Spring Fling was actually well attended and it rained hard earlier in the week. The event was moved at the last minute across the street and there were still a lot of people there.

Jim Lusk said:
This year's Spring Fling was actually well attended and it rained hard earlier in the week. The event was moved at the last minute across the street and there were still a lot of people there.
Jim, when and where does this Spring Fling event usually take place? Thanks.

Ebay, and forums like this one;
have made it easy to sell parts,
instead of loading a truck/van trailer, and leaving the house for a 3-10 hour
drive to a swap meet.

Take some photos, sell the stuff a little at a time.

Good, and bad points, about selling/ buying via ebay, etc....
such as, I don't get sunburnt using the computer, to search for stuff.

it seems to be the situation at most swap meets...no mopar stuff.
However in the last few years....around my area.. I have tried to change that and each meet I particiapate in I get more and more repeat customers along with new customers. I have people come up and tell me...."man, I am glad your back out here this year, I was hoping you would have your mopar stuff out here". So the customer base is there, and if your into selling I suggest the swaps, I usually unload quite a bit.

-RPM

Seems like when I have attended the loacl "all makes" meets, I'm expected to give the stuff away, as if my prices weren't already resonable enough.

That's what I get for dealing with the local idiots/thieves.

If I want to give someone a smoking deal, I'd rather do it from my couch, in the air conditioning. At least then I'm sitting down and the screwing doesn't hurt so bad. :D

Ebay is a dismal failure for sales, my own and others I know, right now.

Mark.

-
Back