swap meets...

-
depends...wanna take it back home ..price it high you wanna unload it price it right.
Me personally if the price is high i'll show no interest in fear of insulting him. Everything you put out YOU have a price in mind so add $5 or $10 to it so the buyer feels he's getting a deal by beating you up for $10 bucks and your right back to your original price you had in mind.

I usually sell cheap. I also give away a LOT of free parts to people, whether I know them or not. Makes me feel good seeing their eyes light up when I tell them they can have it, and helps people get their cars back together. I always hope that these people give something to the next guy, but who knows what they do.

I sold a radiator and fan shroud to a guy on FABO once. Gave him a price, and he accepted, but mentioned that he had to wait a week to save up the money. I knocked $100 off the price right then & there, and sent the parts out. Guy was happy as a clam!

Another time a young guy was looking for a set of black arm rests for his 69 Dart, and said he was broke. It was near Christmas time a couple of years ago. I asked him for his mailing address, and threw 2 of the nicest arm rests I had in a box and mailed it to him free of charge.
A few months later, this same fellow was selling a Swinger 340 Dart tail stripe for like $75. I offered him $50, and he told me NO! A short time after that, he bought another 69 Dart, but this one was a 383 GTS. So much for being "broke", huh? LOL

At the Lebannon Valley swap meet last fall, I gave away a LOT of parts, both to people I know from here, as well as perfect strangers. All were appreciative, and one of those fellows sent me a J hook for my heater box free of charge.

When I need something, or see something I really want, I get raked over the coals for the part, & the shipping too if it's an internet sale! I never get a price discount or free stuff. If I make a low offer, I'm usually made fun of for being "cheap".

Whatcha gonna do? Thats life I guess. LOL

George
(give, & you will get it back tenfold)

-
Back