Swapping a small block to big block...who's done it?

-
The Schmaucker swap kit and headers are a good deal. You'll need to shorten the drive shaft a bit. The 8-1/4 will hold if you don't beat the stones out of her. I'd make an effort to find the 8-3/4 for high performance useage.

MP has frame connectors. There basic and should be welded in.

The Schmaucker swap kit and headers are a good deal. You'll need to shorten the drive shaft a bit. The 8-1/4 will hold if you don't beat the stones out of her. I'd make an effort to find the 8-3/4 for high performance useage.

MP has frame connectors. There basic and should be welded in.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I've read all the good things about the Schumacher kit.. Driveshaft shortening shouldnt be a problem.. I want be given the old girl a hard time. Will be a cruiser! Definately if I can find an 8.75 I will grab it and throw it in. Just a bit difficult to find down under.. Yeah, will definately grab frame connectors as well... Thanks again gentlemen for the advice...

...A friend did a 440 swap and she is a lot tighter fit and ya almost got to have a hood scoop since with any decent intake manifold you'll be to close to the underside...
Terry:burnout:

If you're worried about hood clearance with a good aftermarket alum intake, I found that the Edlebrock TM7 is just what the doctor ordered!

-
Back