Swapping bench to buckets

-

racingsnake440

Reaction score
Besides seats and tracks is anything else needed to swap from a bench seat to factory buckets on a '68 Barracuda?

Hmmmm. Aren't the holes in different spots? And didn't the bench only have 4 holes overall? I may be wrong on that.

The floor will be dimpled where you need to add plates. You can make your own or buy these.

Seat Brackets | AMD 407-1067-S

407-1067-S_800.jpg

Yes you have to drill 4 new holes and the bench seat holes aren't used. The dimples give you an idea where to put the holes.

Thanks guys. Are '67-69 A body the only tracks that will work? I see the floor reinforcements fit through '76 - are the pans the same?

The plates go in like so. The bucket outer tracks use different holes than the bench tracks. They have little body plugs for the bench track holes. There are dimples for all the bucket tracks.
The floors are the same but the bucket seats changed in 70 as well as the tracks. You'll want the 67-69 tracks.
1680883220770.jpeg

Watch where you drill... one of the holes is very close to the rear brake line. If you are accurate, it's fine, just make sure.

PM me Sunday evening. I bought a set of those Plates and never used them. Even cleaned them up and stripped them..... If I can find them they are yours just pay Shipping...

JW

I am repairing the floor pan on my 1970 340 Dart Swinger. I bought it a long time ago and the previous owner had installed factory buckets but didnt add the reinforcement plates. I found a pic of an A body pan with the plates and made my own but would like to weld in some that look more original.

I looked at the AMD reinforcement plates, they are close to what i made but look different from the pic of originals. If they varied year to year I am not going to be too picky, probably just use what i have.

Just remember they will be under a carpet and a seat, as long as they secure the track that's all you should care about. Unless your restoring a #1 vehicle.

-
Back