Swapping LCA's

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I have 73 and up Disc's on my 71 Scamp. I want to add a sway bar to my car and I have a 70 LCA now. Will the lower control arms swap over ok or do I have to find 73 up LCA's?

If you are using a factory sway bar you need the matching lower control arms. Swapping the lower control arm is a direct interchange. There is the issue of what K frame you have. 73 up sway bar requires the spool K frame or holes cut in the 72 back K frame since the sway bar goes through it.

73 and up LCA's combined with a 67-72 K-member will not interchange sway bars.

If you still have the '71 K frame then the '70 LCA's will work just fine with a '67-'72 sway bar. The '73+ sway bar will only work with a '73+ K frame and LCA's.

If you still have the '71 K frame then the '70 LCA's will work just fine with a '67-'72 sway bar. The '73+ sway bar will only work with a '73+ K frame and LCA's.

I do have the 71 kframe in my car now. Prior to me buying the car someone put on the discs, so I wasnt sure what was all changed over at that time. Hearing this makes it a easier swap than I thought. Thank you guys for your input

the only diff is the tab location.you can always but the tabs and weld them on yourself.

Do you have a source for the tabs? Im not aware of any place that sells them.

Most aftermarket sway bars will come with the necessary tabs, or at least the tabs are available with them. If you're looking for a stock sway bar, then you'll have to add them yourself. But, they're super easy. If you can weld, then you can make these tabs.

Not my pictures, I borrowed them from another thread on here I think...

Attachments

• FabSwayBarPosition.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 136
  • FabSwayBarDimensions.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 137
  • FabSwayBarHoleLoc.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 128
There's a youtube video about correcting lower arms spread and adding the lower plates to prevent reoccurring. If you have the tools and materials you can make the plates and the sway bar tabs. End result is a better lower arm than any used part you'll find.

Most aftermarket sway bars will come with the necessary tabs, or at least the tabs are available with them. If you're looking for a stock sway bar, then you'll have to add them yourself. But, they're super easy. If you can weld, then you can make these tabs.

Not my pictures, I borrowed them from another thread on here I think...

Those measurements won't help him since he can't used the 73 up sway bar with the 72 back K frame.

Those measurements won't help him since he can't used the 73 up sway bar with the 72 back K frame.

There is no way I would have known those measurements where for a 73 and up sway bar. I do have the drivers side that I can take the measurements from, as long as they are the same side to side.

-
Back