Sway-A-Way Torsion Bars

-
I had a job interview there 20+ years ago.

Back then they offered 73-up B-body t-bars. They didn't offer Abody ones.

They private label a ton of stuff. They make torsion bars in house. Mostly for sprint cars.

They also make high end axles. And of course sway bars.

Would have no problem whatsoever using them. Would put their quality as high as Firm Feel. Or higher than anyone else on market.

Last edited:
I personally ran them on my 69 barracuda, they are top notch. I'd use them again without hesitation.

I personally ran them on my 69 barracuda, they are top notch. I'd use them again without hesitation.

When did you buy them? Wonder when they started making them again

I have a set of their bars for my ‘71 Satellite. I bought them second hand and haven’t personally run them, but they appear to be a very high quality bar. I’d have to agree they’re at least as good as Firm Feel.

I exchanged emails with them as well as the previous owner didn’t know the spring rate of the bars, just the diameter. The tech that helped me was great, he was happy to help even though I wasn’t the original buyer and actually worked through the calculations with me. Which not only gave me the spring rate for the bars but improved my understanding a bit at the theoretical level.

Interesting, didn't know them. Thanks for posting.

I'm on the fence for upgrading my 1" A-body bars to something larger but the FirmFeel price tag make it a tough cookie especially with shipping and customs overhere.
I like it the Sway-A-Way price tags stays the same for any bar diameter AND it includes a pair of t-bar boots, to boot.

Thanks Gents for the input...I think I will go with them!!! Now just trying to figure out which size for my Big Block B’Cuda! Not looking to make a canyon carver out of it but make it more of modern feel when driving.

Thanks again for the input!!!

Todd

I don't know but their website has so many mistakes and such it makes me wonder about their product. 1962 E body?!?! No such thing

I don't know but their website has so many mistakes and such it makes me wonder about their product. 1962 E body?!?! No such thing

Hopefully it’s just a typo...lol!!! I’ll know more when I talk to them on the phone.

I hope I don’t get one of those guys like on the liberty mutual commercial...”Is this a lug wrench? MAYBE!!!”

I've never heard of them and they also have 1.24" bars which I think Firm Feel will only make on special order last I saw.

I looked up my correspondence with Sway-Away for the '65-72 B-body bars I bought. They're 1.08", and the calculated wheel rate was 235 lb/in. Comparatively, Firm Feels 1.06" B-body bars are 225 lb/in, and their 1.12" bars are 270 lb/in.

So basically, doing the math on those rates the torsional spring constant that's used for the Sway-Away bars is very similar (if not the same) as the one for the Firm Feel bars. Which means since Sway Away seems to offer bars that are stepped in sizes .02" larger in diameter than Firm Feel, the Sway Away bars will be slightly stiffer unless you step down a size.

-
Back