Sway bar recommendations 74 Swinger

-

George Lawicki

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking for sway bar recommendations. My suspension set up : stock shocks, all rubber bushings in a all pretty much stock suspension except for the pst 1.03 torsion bars. eventualy a 360 will be added. I would like a nice medium as I am not really track racing or doing extreme cornering. Just looking for something to help the rest of the suspension out for better handling cornering on a street car. ALSO, I have seen some of the kits are these direct bolt ons? or is there some drilling modifications that need to be done to install them?

I did the Hellwig on front and back of my ‘73 Swinger. Love them. 1.03” bars, Bilstein shocks, boxed LCA’s, and all new bushings. Drives like a dream and corners like it’s on rails. Not a track car by any means, just a fun, reliable driver.

I run the Hellwig 55905 on my Duster. Good stuff!

1974 DODGE DART Hellwig 55905 Hellwig Motorsports Tubular Sway Bars | Summit Racing

If your current LCA’s don’t have sway bar tabs (and they probably don’t) then you’ll either need to drill them and bolt on the sway bar tab included with the bar, or have the tab welded on in the correct location. I would vote for welding, but drilling and bolting on the tab will work.

-
Back