sway bar ?

-

caw440

Reaction score
Ok , here we go, I have a 69 Dart that I put a 1974 a body k member under that did not have a factory sway bar, my question is this , and I asked P S T and they could not answer the question , who makes a front bar that will fit a 74 member without the factory tabs ? Or has anyone done this ?

You can use either the early or late bar with the late k-member. You might have to drill the frame mounting holes. Some of the earlier of the late k-members still had the holes drilled and I have seen some that only had them drilled on one half (top or bottom, I can't remember).

Are you asking about the mounting tabs on the LCAs?

I think most aftermarket kits come with a bolt-on solution for this (bracket mounted to shock bolt). Or, you can buy weld-on tabs, which might be more satisfactory.

Ok , here we go, I have a 69 Dart that I put a 1974 a body k member under that did not have a factory sway bar, my question is this , and I asked P S T and they could not answer the question , who makes a front bar that will fit a 74 member without the factory tabs ? Or has anyone done this ?

yeah, my k member has no tabs for a factory bar, nor did the 6 cyl member either that I swapped out, so thats what I need to figure out , will any aftermarket bar just bolt on for a car not factory equipped. thanks for the help

My hellwig bar came with (i think) 5/16 flat bar. you just drill your K at the pinch weld. 4 3/8 holes

There were NEVER any tabs on the K-member, only four holes for the frame brackets. There were, however, tabs on the lower control arms. Aftermarket bars come with a solution for this or you make/buy weld-on tabs for the LOWER CONTROL ARMS.

i just sold my 1 1/4" front firm feel bar to a member. Firm Feel makes excellent stuff. check them out,you will be glad you did. i had a '73 K under my '71 duster,kit comes with tabs to mount the links to the LCA's. i race my car hard and never had a problem.

thanks for all the infoI'll check out Firm Feel

I've said it before....Dave@Hellwig is a member here and will answer any and all sway bar questions. They will hook you up with great products that fit and excellent customer service to back them up!

-
Back