sway bar

-

3404spdfish

Reaction score
i have been look most of the day and I cant find OEM sway bar bushings anywhere. does anybody know who sells OEM (rubber) sway bar bushings for a 69 barracuda.

rock, laysons, classic, etc

(correction: rock only sells poly, but why wouldn't you want poly?)

As far as I know, if the bushings went bad, you had to buy the whole sway bar assembly from Chrysler. I don't remember the bushings being available. Maybe the aftermarket has them by now though. The might be fun to get on though.

At least until recently, the only replacement bushings are the Energy Suspension polys. Maybe someone makes rubber, but I didn't find any. The polys work well. Just use plenty of silicone grease to squeeze them into the triangle shaped brackets. Every couple of years I loosen the mounts and use a grease gun with silicone grease and a needle to lube them up so they won't squeak.

Energy Suspension 5.5128G Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings | Summit Racing

Energy Suspension 5.5129G Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings | Summit Racing

The might be fun to get on though
The one review on those summit bushings seems to suggest that they cut the bracket and welded it back up to install them!

Just use plenty of silicone grease to squeeze them into the triangle shaped brackets

This is key I suspect.

I noticed one of mine is torn just yesterday! I may be heading this direction too shortly.

You might check with P-S-T (Performance Suspension Technology), they might offer something?

The one review on those summit bushings seems to suggest that they cut the bracket and welded it back up to install them!

This is key I suspect.

I noticed one of mine is torn just yesterday! I may be heading this direction too shortly.
The way I did it, using silicone grease, was to slide the bushing on the bar. Then I used two pairs of large Channellock pliers with pieces of rubber inner tube zip-tied over the jaws to keep from chewing up the bushings. After lubing up the brackets, I forced the bushings in by applying pressure with the pliers on both sides of the bushing at the same time. Having a helper with strong hands to work one set of pliers would have been a good idea, but not absolutely necessary. Maybe use one set of Vise Grips first and then Channellocks on the other side. Probably the best hint I have is don't be in a hurry or pissed off about something, because if you're like me you could end up throwing around f-bombs or tools (or both).

Probably the best hint I have is don't be in a hurry or pissed off about something, because if you're like me you could end up throwing around f-bombs or tools (or both).
Lol. Yea I have a propensity for this too unfortunately.

My sway bar is pretty rough. I can see the entire operation being a bear.

-
Back