Sway bars

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I am looking at a '65 Dart wagon /6 3spd. I want to get front and rear sway bars for this car. At present there are none. Will Early A's sway bars fit? What control arms do I need to get? Rear set up ??? Thanks

I am looking at a '65 Dart wagon /6 3spd. I want to get front and rear sway bars for this car. At present there are none. Will Early A's sway bars fit? What control arms do I need to get? Rear set up ??? Thanks

Yes, There are choices now, but Original would be 65-72 lower control arms with sway bar tabs and 65 or 66 front sway bar assy with links.

I will be adding a stock 65/66 front sway bar to my Barracuda (which would also work on your wagon) and no rear sway bar. On my 65 Dart wagon I am going to use the Hellwig early A sway bar kit (1 & 1/8 in diameter I think) and a 76 A Body factory rear sway bar. For LCAs am using the ones with the sway bar tab out by the ball joint - basically any 65-72. When using a rear sway bar the rear definitely needs to be a lot smaller than the front. Hope this helps

Sway bar tabs blah blah blah. Don't let that deter you. I've used angle iron on so many LCAs for the sway bar bracket that I caint count. People think LCAs with the tabs are worth gold when all it takes is 15 minutes a couple of drilled holes and a mig welder.

Sway bar tabs blah blah blah. Don't let that deter you. I've used angle iron on so many LCAs for the sway bar bracket that I caint count. People think LCAs with the tabs are worth gold when all it takes is 15 minutes a couple of drilled holes and a mig welder.

Very true!

-
Back