swe plymouth valiant 67 (old cop car)

-
Agree, its coming along real nice.
Great to see someone taking proper care of a more door car here in Sweden, most of them are treated like sh-t. I salute you for this. :prayer:

I agree. I think the market and interest for A-body cars here in Sweden has increased the last years. People starts to restore and take care of four door cars which has not been common. It can't just be hardtops and convertibles. I love the couple that took gold at Power meet a couple of years ago with a 4 door Ford. The other guys with convertibles and hardtops didn't say nothing. Bad loosers or what?

old cop cars and four door abody valiant is nice sleper cars becuse ewerybody think that they cant go fast but they can :burnout::glasses7:

Attachments

• valiant 69 svart ute2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 387
Agree, its coming along real nice.
Great to see someone taking proper care of a more door car here in Sweden, most of them are treated like sh-t. I salute you for this. :prayer:

Thank you very much :)
yes most valiants usually being badly treated. especially when they are 4 door :(

then it's funny that no one expects a race engine in a 4 dorr valiant
it will be fun to beat some big block engines " I hope " :dontknow:

engine block is back from the driller :D

Test assembly of the crankshaft. to check the clearance from the connecting rods

That will haul some serious arse with that stroker 360.. Good job !

update! =)

assembled the pistons and connecting rods
the spiro-lock was a real pain to put in

crankshaft and bearings in place

grinding piston rings tomorrow

Does anyone know why the new rod caps Do not Have oil grooves?
will the cylinders have enough oil then? :-s
Original vs. scat

at the moment it is pretty still, I am waiting for the new camshaft and intake to arrive :sad1:

but little progress have I made. cleaned the heads today :)
the heads cast nr is 4027596-hp. People I have talk to say that they are pretty good heads :)

update :cheers:

new valves

the heads are back from the workshop

new seats and guides

because I should have dual valve springs, I had to cut down the Valve Guide. I used a Cutter from Comp Cams 4715

Great work man. Always fun to see another a body Swede on here. What did you do with the 318 now that you are going with the stroker?

Great work man. Always fun to see another a body Swede on here. What did you do with the 318 now that you are going with the stroker?

the 318 Have I put aside, I do not know what to do with it maybe sell it. but it's always good to have a spare engine :)

a littel update :p the new 408 runs grate

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28JAswWbe28&feature=plcp"]plymouth valiant 408 stroker burnout - YouTube[/ame]

Now, thats what I´m talking about. Nice burnout :burnout:

Great burnout! You've made a great progress. What's next in line?

thank you, what I will do this winter is to replace the 596 cast iron heads with Edelbrock heads, the heads I have now flowing a little too bad, the engine is built for 100 hp nitrous which I will put on this winter. :cheers:

-
Back