Sweet 63

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Couldn't help myself. Just washed and detailed my dart and I sure do like my dart when it's clean!!

party 150 (Medium).jpg

Thanks homie!! I still have tons of work to make it the way I want but, Not bad for my first classic. I did everything including the shitty bodywork that will need redone.:):)

Bump..........Yeah I'm a needing some positive feedback on my dart. Sometimes you just need to hear it:)

Talk about a great looking early A :cheers:you got that 63 looking sooooo fine dartman.=P~ I think this is the first time I seen it :read2:
And your wheel selection is perfect for the Dart =P~
I had to save that one for my early A pictures, Thank you. What size tires do you have on the front ???

Nice car, I would love to have a 63 Dart like yours! BTW, the wheels look awesome! :toothy10:

Memike you just put a smile on my face:) Glad you like it. I guess sometimes when you haven't made the progress you think you should have it gets a little frustrating.
My dart started out as a 500$ basket case and I just listened and learned right her on FABO from you guys. So in reality everyone here that had any input on my car actually helped me build it. Big thanks to everyone that made it possible. I know I couldn't have done it on my own.:cheers::cheers:

Memike you just put a smile on my face:) Glad you like it. I guess sometimes when you haven't made the progress you think you should have it gets a little frustrating.
My dart started out as a 500$ basket case and I just listened and learned right her on FABO from you guys. So in reality everyone here that had any input on my car actually helped me build it. Big thanks to everyone that made it possible. I know I couldn't have done it on my own.:cheers::cheers:
I am going to buy new 14'' tires for my 66 and I don't want to get some that are to big and rub my fenders, And your wheels look to be 14'' and I was wondering what size they are. I am thinking I need 215/70R 14. all around.
Are your front tires 215/70/14'' dartman :-D

I am running 15" 205/60 up front and i believe 225/60 in back. I even have my front hangers reversed to make it sit low in the back. It is a little tight in the back but I have no rubbing issues. Backspacing is the key to get no rubbing.

Thanks "66" Your car is just as nice as any in my eyes. I love that look and from the videos I would say it runs damn good.

I am running 15" 205/60 up front and i believe 225/60 in back. I even have my front hangers reversed to make it sit low in the back. It is a little tight in the back but I have no rubbing issues. Backspacing is the key to get no rubbing.

:cheers: Thank you dartman, I should be good to go with 215/70/14 then.
I like to rotate my tires and keep the same size all around on my little 66Valiant sedan Victoria.

I have to tell you that I am running the wilwood disc conversion up front.I know that it changes the spacing a little. I believe that it actually makes the front a little wider.

WOW dartman! that is one clean looking '63. I too like the wheel choice, especialy with that paint job. do you happen to remember the paint code or color name?

very nice! looks like mine only way nicer. Love the Torq-Thrusts, i think they look good on any car. also love that paint color, not too outlandish but still looks good.
well done!
-Tim

LOL, I call the paint code "**** silver" since I wanted a darker color. It is a matrix paint. Galaxy silver metal GM 12 WA519F base coat clear coat with some pearl mixed in. My first paint job too.

63 has the coolest-looking grille. I really like the color and your choice of wheels. Keep the pics coming. =P~

I'm about to undertake the restoration of my '63 Dart GT convertible & looking for some parts or a suitable parts donor car either a GT or 270 convertible for '63; '64; '65; or '66 will probably yield the parts I searching for if it's complete. But I can't seem to locate one. Looking for the L and R rear outer (chrome plated potmetal) corner trim pieces for the topwell surround trim. These are described as "Cover" by Mopar, and their made to connect the top of rear fender stainless trim to the topwell surround stainless trim where all the stainless joins at the topwell. Mopar P/N 2424116 and 117 (for either side). Mine are damaged, but I can possibly save the Right side. I do need the Left side (drivers) because the last owner torqued down the mounting stud wa-a-a-a-y to tight and nearly pulled the stud out of the potmetal piece. I know that these can be restored by a qualified trim company, but don't know of the best out there in the market. (A little help here will also be appreciated with name & numbers, etc.) Anybody that might be able to point me to an A body convertible for Dart only as these pieces are exclusive only to the Dart and not the Valiant convertibles, not so sure about any 'Cuda convertibles for those years. Drop me an e-mail to:
[email protected] in Columbus, OH if you think you can help. Thanks, BILL (New ForAbodiesOnly member 6/1/09)

I run 215/70R14 on the front and 235/60R14 on the rear. My spring are stock location and the car is dropped 4" in the front and 3" in the rear. I have no issues other than the white letters rub very rarely on the leafs if my tire pressure is a little low. (I run the black side out) The rear ralleys were cut and widened out, backspacing was the key.

Thanks Sid, I think it cost me more just to get setup to paint than the paint cost. Of course I live in a residential area and the neighbors complained about the fumes:) What fumes.....I don't smell anything with this mask on:)

thanks again for the comments.

Thanks Sid, I think it cost me more just to get setup to paint than the paint cost. Of course I live in a residential area and the neighbors complained about the fumes:) What fumes.....I don't smell anything with this mask on:)

thanks again for the comments.
LOL!! The whole valley (holler) I live in had an ominus teal haze over it one still hot afternoon. Had our local fire dept. slow roll the hood! The garage door was closed by then!LOL! Great looking 63! More pics soon please!:supz:

That is one sweet early A body.I love the wheel choice.Are they small or large bolt patern? I would love a set of those for mine.

-
Back