SweetMoparGirl is going fishing!

-
At a quick look ........ The by it now price is too much IMO for a car that has a wavey bottom door, Chevy traction bars on it, battery in the wrong location and a poor *** job grounding it, (Negitive cable), passenger side should be it since it is in the trunck. What else did Chevy boy do to the car? OH! Wrong grill! Hole in the headliner. Shez, for a BIN price, $15 K is alot IMO.

But, if your happy with it..... your happy with it.

I say release. Yellow is a color that raises RED flags to me. Yellow is really GOOD at hiding body imperfections. Notice also how there are absolutely ZERO oblique shots lookin down the side at an angle. Almost like they are trying to hide something there. If my car was straight, I would want to SHOW IT OFF, especially in a for sale add. Regardless, the price is ridiculous. Cut the line.

Anyone else notice the screwball angle with the steering coupler shaft?

Are you looking for a street car or a race car? With those gears and mini tubs this candidate isn't much for the street IMO. With six hours to go and the bids not even half of the B.I.N. price, I'd have to agree with the others and cast your fishing line elsewhere. :-D

Pass! The splatter trunk paint would scare the hell out of me. Like others have said it looks like some coverup work. IMO Sport

Anyone else notice the screwball angle with the steering coupler shaft?

That's cuss it's got rack and pinion steering instead of the box, Still to high a price and that negative ground cable should go all the way back to the engine block. What else has been jury rigged?

Help me decide if I should catch and release or keep!

I am starting this thread to post my potential barracuda notchback candidates. Please help me identify any potential issues and pricing fairness.

1st contender: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0650778134&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks!

How much do you have to spend ?

Looks like you would be buying someone elses headache with this car.
Big block Baracuda looks fun.But like Rumble says traction bars ?
As soon as you see traction bars on a Mopar, run the other direction as fast as you can !!!!

Look more for an original, clean fish. Think grandma going to the store.
Then you know what your starting with, and can build it to your liking.

Oh, I forgot........Release !!!!!!

Wavey driver door bottom would have one question is there more filler in this car then what is being said. Claims to have a 69 hood on the car, I don't think so that's 67. Sweet Mopar Girl I would suggest release, try and find one that someone has not done too much tampering with.

Manual shift valve body as well...you'll be shifting every gear every time. Fine on the track, a pain in the *** for a street car plus I'd want a clutch to go with manual shifting that much. ;)

Thanks everyone! Im looking for a street car, something for cruising around in. Not looking for the fastest or the prettiest, but a decent driver for me to enjoy.

I really appreciate everyones help. Thank you for not just saying, release, but giving me the reasons. It will help me learn what to look for/avoid in the future.

You guys rock!

It looks like it has the small brake pedal for a standard so it might have been a stick car at some point but not anymore.Also,the cheapo tach in front of the faded and unrestored gauges does'nt exactly give an impression of high standards and I'd guess that none of the stock gauges work due going by the added on ones at the bottom of the dash.

It's worth about what the bids are at now.

The holes in the head liner on top of the sun visors are entry holes that the mice chewed in it.Trust me, I got the merit badge on this one!! No telling what kind of STINKEN mess you are going to smell and or find. I would count on replacing the head liner if it was mine! That along with the other problems For $15,000I don't think I would keep this Fish even if it swallowed the hook!!
There are always more Fish in the sea>>>>>>>

I like to go Fishin now and then too.

DSC00708.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

Manual shift valve body as well...you'll be shifting every gear every time. Fine on the track, a pain in the *** for a street car plus I'd want a clutch to go with manual shifting that much. ;)

It appears that it was originally 3 on the tree judging by the brake pedal and the spot on the column.

LOL, Ditto on that but I'll tell you what, CCMoron has one really sweet ride!

Oh, and as mentioned above, the splatter paint is yucky and I thought it was wrong. :sleepy3:

Hey sweetmopargirl, take a look at this one on ebay item#250805298072 (sorry do know how to put a direct link to it) its definitely a few notches up from the one your looking at.

I used to leave my 65 Valiant in high gear almost exclusively runnin around town. It tipped the scales at 2820 pounds with 4.30 gears and had no trouble pullin high gear off idle.

It probably wouldn't bother me that much either, I suppose it all depends on your tolerance level. LOL. ;) For the original poster, it sounds like she would prefer just a nice, easy driver, which is fine too. :)

-
Back