Swept side?

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
There are a couple of hotties that might make this worthwhile.

I cannot post the eBay site, but search for

1957 Dodge Other Pickups D100 Sweptside
sweptside, d100, 315, Dodge, power wagon, D 500, Hemi,custom

Just wondering if this is a custom build? The truck--not the girls.

Yup they are a real Dodge- my dad has one of each model year 57, 58, and 59. They used the fins from a station wagon (2 door Sierra I believe). Other than the fins, running boards and trim they are a similar to the regular shortbed trucks. The Fargo version in Australia used a Fury fin and looks incredible too!

I cannot post the eBay site,.

Why not????

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Other-Pickups-D100-Sweptside-sweptside-d100-315-Dodge-power-wagon-D-500-Hemi-custom-/251388265565?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3a87e8845d&item=251388265565&pt=US_Cars_Trucks"]Sweptside D100 315 Dodge Power Wagon D 500 Hemi Custom | eBay[/ame]

Something I've never been able to figure out, is that as attractive (to me) that the 50's Dodge trucks were, why they stuck with what I think is the uglies on the road.........the 61--71 series

Attachments

• $_4.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 210
  • 5.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 208
  • 6.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 7.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 8.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 9.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 202
Nice truck. We are not blessed with an abundance of Mopars down here in south Mississippi. I am just surprised that I have never seen one--in pictures or in person. We get about 10,000 cars each year for Cruisin the Coast, and I would have liked to have spotted that piece of art.

I just bought a sweet 1960 dodge d 150 from az with original paint a poly n a 3 on the tree although its just a short stepside I think it's a bad azz ride and the wife has already claimed it for hers after I repaint it n put power steering in it would like to have one of them finned beds for it anyone know where I can find one??

I just bought a sweet 1960 dodge d 150 from az with original paint a poly n a 3 on the tree although its just a short stepside I think it's a bad azz ride and the wife has already claimed it for hers after I repaint it n put power steering in it would like to have one of them finned beds for it anyone know where I can find one??

good luck finding one not attached to the rest of the truck!

http://jalopnik.com/396320/super+rare-dodge-sweptside-bides-its-time-in-arizona-junkyard

We decorated our xmas tree last night and I found one of my favorite ornaments:

Hallmark made them a few(10?) years ago

Attachments

• IMG_20131203_192321_907.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 83
As a kid, growing up in the 50's, my uncle had a Swept Side, very similar to the '59 pictured above. It was a Red and white one, he purchased new. He was a car clubber back then, and I remember some of the guys in his club, claiming that it was a great looking truck, but it couldn't "work".
He disproved that opinion by not only using it to pull his camper trailer, but also by hauling plumbing parts in it. He owned a whole sale plumbing fixtures house, and sold to retail stores.
I remember he made a plywood insert (bed liner) for the bed, and it was lined, on the outside with carpet, as not to scratch the bed. The tailgate piece of the plywood liner was slightly taller than the rest of the box, so that it would cover the entire tailgate when the gate was lowered.

....and yes. The quarter were removable as they were bolted on. If you took them off, you could also bolt on a set of regular fenders and add the necessary hang-on tail lights and license plate bracket. The only issue with doing so was the extraneous holes in the bed sides.

These were great trucks, I wish I had one of the originals.

-
Back