switching 73 and dart spindles

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
i am wondering if you can switch 73 and up a body spindles left to right? i want to run a sway bar. will this mess with any steering angles?

^ what he said. I had actually mixed mine up when I did my install and couldn't figure out why the lines didn't run correctly and had to switch them.

If you want to rear mount them order brake hoses for a 69 camaro with disc brakes or 1980 dodge diplomat. You're looking for something 15" long here.

Yup, all of the above. Works fine, won't hurt anything, moves the calipers to the rear. You'll need longer brake hoses as already pointed out.

Do make sure you also swap the calipers side to side, as you'll want to keep the brake bleeders on top.

Chrysler F-body hoses have worked for a lot our members. Above is the first mention of a GM hose I've seen.

Use calipers off the later model diplomat too. Inlet on the bottom and bleeders on the top. Better design than the 73 A body calipers

thanks guys. i have already switched them. i was testing suspension travel while turning. i ran into a issue with my tire hitting the firewall. my car is sitting really low. i just needed to know if i this messed up any angle or do i need to a smaller tire. lucky me i am able to switch my tire at no cost. here is how it sits now.

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3577.JPG

moved it outside today. put smaller rubber on the front. it turns now with no rubbing at all. i am super stoked. now time to get that rear axle in.

IMG_3676.JPG

-
Back