Swore I'd never..........

-

lenweiler

Reaction score
... do this, but no one plays on fair these days. I just ordered this http://store.summitracing.com/partd...891681+4294871017+4294871041+115&autoview=sku , from my supplier, along with the MSD control box.
Last night in the pits I couldn't believe the number of street cars running NOS or blowers and turbos.
I intend this more for those times when I want to 'level' the playing field, I suppose. And by the looks of it, I may be using it more than occasionally.
............. Oh well.

It's fun but don't get carried away, or greedy. Iv'e installed a few kits, and a few that were hidden at that. The hidden systems are fun to try and hide, and blend in. Are you going to put it out for everyone to see or hide it? Or just tuck it away?

"Bottle Baby"! LOL That's a good one.

Hidden? It'll be in plain site. The track personal scribe it on your windshield.
It'll be a light stage this year, and that's assuming I run with it this year. I'm not caged yet so that limits speed and et to 10.0's. This is just a hold over untill I can locate a siamese block for my W7's. The nitrous shouldn't be needed at that point.

"Bottle Baby"! LOL That's a good one.

Hidden? It'll be in plain site. The track personal scribe it on your windshield.
It'll be a light stage this year, and that's assuming I run with it this year. I'm not caged yet so that limits speed and et to 10.0's. This is just a hold over untill I can locate a siamese block for my W7's. The nitrous shouldn't be needed at that point.
yup,,,,,that's what they all say,,,"just a hold over",,,massive amounts of horsepower on tap at the push of a button,,,,,,,seems to me it ends up being like smack to a junkie,,,lol the only people I've seen walk away from the "bottle" were doing just that,,,,walking. just teasin' let us know how it works out

blowers and turbos I can understand.

Adding giggle gas just to keep up? Naaa. We know you know how to make power NA style and that fine. The only problem is drivability with a radical cam and a high numeric gear ratio. That can suck. Enter blowers.

easy on the nos guys, poor people have poor ways, always run a little rich and watch the timing,good luck, and where can you run 10's without a cage, when i went in the 10's they told me to slow down or get one?

LOL @ 345 man. "Get a cage or get out!" lOL Well, at least we know it's for keeping your butt safe.

True that the N02 is a cheap way to get going fast. I may use it one day. I may not. To be honest, I think I'll go blower before that myself.

In Len's case, I don't think it an option with his engine. The N02 is.

yeah everyone says a cage but i figure its my decision and i just ain't that crazy about a cage, i have a new one sitting in my building, been there for a few years, in a year or two i my put it in , probably about the same the 2nd stage goes on the 34o, oh yeah guys did anyone remember eddie millers duster from the pump gas drags last year, it was an nos car i think, either way its a fast ride:toothy10:

Lots of responses on this. Rumble gets my point exactly.
I'm not fussy on the blowers, but thats just me. It would also mean a complete rebuild, so I'd be looking at big bucks. The nitros is a hold over.
And as far as 'safe', the associated hardware will ease any 'lean out, or timing issues, so I'm good there.
When I see the block I need, for a resonable price, I will build the engine. The heads are complete. The new engine at THAT point would be a go. However, it will be nice to be on an even keel with the 'forced induction' crowd. Before I get serious I'll be cagging the car this fall. I'm already knocking on the illegality of this package going too much faster.

-
Back