T/S lens application

-

smlveightis

Confused in Confusion
Reaction score
Bought this T/S lens @ a swap meet, and was wondering if anyone knows what car it is from. Don't have a pic yet, will upload one tomorrow.
#'s on it are:2930387 LT.-AMBER 2930679 LT.-CLEAR I believe it's from a '69 dodge? Thanks for any info on this.

There should be some other numbers on the lens if it's a factory part. Usually the year and model code are on there too.

Would this be a picture of what you have?

Clear
75f5_1.JPG

Amber
!B(ON2H!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLlz,uWBKbMZYQc)w~~_12.JPG

The ones pictured are '69 Polara/Monaco.

I had found that application but the number was so far off I didn't post it.
NOS part # 2932786 right parking light lens for a 1969 Polara and Monaco.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MCCYlMAT25ZAA%3D&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It does look the same.
(NOS) Park Lamp Lens w/Gasket Part # 2932787 (left side) for 1969 Dodge Polara/Monaco
8354_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-NOS-P...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4394a68bb7

The number on your box is for the lense and gasket package. The number actually moulded into the lense will be different....the one on the tag hooked to your clear lense and one of the numbers the O.P. listed. If you look on the lense, I would bet there is a "69D" moulded into it as well.

You guys are terrific! I was just about to post the pics of it when I read your posts! Thanks a million Oklacarcollecto and Cudamark for the info! Man, I love this place! FABO is the best!
BTW Oklacarcollecto and cudamark, Yes, the amber lens is the one I bought. Am looking to do some customizing on my Barracuda. I'll post up some pics as I go along. Thanks again!!

Oklacarcolleto, you and Cudamark have helped out ENORMOUSLY!!
Can't thank you guys enough! Wishing you some pain free days ahead.
I had an idea of installing some type of T/S, on the lower valance of my Barracuda (in each corner, where the sheet metal kinda matches the contour of the T/S lens you posted above), and getting rid/modifying the original T/S units. This one that I bought might be a perfect fit. What do you think?? Maybe someone with photoshop could help me out on this one, place T/Signals in the corners of the lower valance? Maybe even remove the original T/S?

Attachments

• DSCN1284.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 115
Nice car!!!

The shape of those lenses look close to the contour of the valance. I can't photo shop it for you but I would be interested in seeing the results.

Oklacarcollecto and Cudamark, you guys rock!! :rock:
Thank you! If you find it fits the way you want, let me know if you need the housings for your new lens. I have at least one used assembly that I would sell. I may have more but I'd have to do some searching.

Thanks Oklacarcollecto! I'm going to head out to the garage on Saturday, and tape it into place to see how it would fit. If it looks o.k. to me, I'll post it here to see what you all think.
Cudamark, if the lens looks like it will fit, I'll definetly get back with you on the housing/assembly. Again thank you both!!

O.K., so this is what I had in mind. The contour of the T/S lens is almost a perfect match to the contour of the lower valance.
The valance will require some modification though, since the lens is taller than the sheet metal there. Also, the metal has a slight angle that would point the T/S lens downward, towards the pavement.
So what do you all think?
Sorry if the pics aren't so good, it was about 30 degrees outside this morning, and I was laying on the ground.

Attachments

• DSCN1324.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN1327.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN1328.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN1329.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 129
I don't know.....I'd hate to cut up a good valance. Have you looked into an early Valiant turn signal assy? It might fit in the curved area more toward the center where you may not have to cut. The '64 Valiant light is smaller than the Polara one but has the same general shape. I think I have both of them around here......I'll post a photo if I find them.

I don't know.....I'd hate to cut up a good valance. Have you looked into an early Valiant turn signal assy? It might fit in the curved area more toward the center where you may not have to cut. The '64 Valiant light is smaller than the Polara one but has the same general shape. I think I have both of them around here......I'll post a photo if I find them.
....................................................................................................
Here's three different lights with the same type design. The bottom one is the '69 Polara like what you have. The middle one is the '64 Valiant and the upper one is off a '73 Satellite 4dr. I think the lens is the same as a '70 Coronet. I don't have a Barracuda valance to set them in so I don't know which one would work the best for you.

Attachments

• 100_0898.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 110
I would leave the front of that barracuda just the way it is. They do not need any face lift they look perfect the way they were made.

I would leave the front of that barracuda just the way it is. They do not need any face lift they look perfect the way they were made.
LOL... I've seen a couple of members on here that have painted those two areas with flat black, and that seems to blend in pretty well. I just thought of a different way to utilize that area of the valance. Besides, my valance isn't in the best of shape.
Cudamark, your most likely correct about the Valiant t/s set-up. It does look like it would be a better fit than the Polara lens. I'll get back with you on that. Thanks for the pic of the different t/s lens. Gives me a bit more to think about.

-
Back