Tach for rallye gauges

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I have a 67 Barracuda Fastback with the Rallye gauges. Between the speedo and the oil/temp/etc gauges is the "perfomance" gauge. The opening is about 3" diameter.

Is there an aftermarket tach that fits and looks decent for this spot?

I put the factory reproduction tach in my 68 Barracuda. I got it from Year One. If you wait for one of Year Ones discount coupons it will be $20-$30 less than Herb's price, otherwise the same proce.

Anybody found a tachometer that swaps into the 'Perf/Vacuum Guage' area.
Not really trying to find an orignal MoPar tach, just one, or a method of attachment, that works well.

I put a Sun Super Tach II (2 5/8") in mine it fits perfect and looks good. I put it in from the front and made a bracket out of sheetmetal in the back. I will try and get pictures of it tomorrow and post them before I install the dash.

I got that CS162 tach in my '67 Barracuda.....that made my day, week, month and year! Looks awesome!

for a 67 Barracuda are the tach numbers suppose to sweep around or be stacked? In stock form that is.

Here are some pictures of the sun tach I installed in my dash

000_0052.jpg

000_0054.jpg

000_0055.jpg

This is mine....lousy pic, but....I've heard this tach is correct for the '70 and up cars, and then I heard it's actually correct for a 150 MPH speedo cars......

I don't care, I think it looks better than the other faceplate one, that starts at 7 O'clock position and stops at the 5 O' clock position.

P1002211.jpg

Those Tachs look great! I'm going that route next time. I mounted mine on my steering column. Looks OK, but I never really like having the 'add-on' look.
BTW, those bezels are SHINY-nice, too.

i like both but with the number's being straight not following the circle kinda throws it off against the other gauges i've been thinking about doing that myself thanks for some insight on that

-
Back