Tach help....

-

2XDusterGirl

Reaction score
Got a new tach for my Birthday and I'm at a total loss on where to mount it in my 1974 Duster (column shift).

My car is a daily driver so I need to be able to see all my Gauges... and I personally hate the steering column mounts.

I'd like to mount it on or near my dash however cops may see it is obstructing my line of vision- total BS.

I have a column shifter so it also can't interfere with that.
Any other ideas on where I can put this 5" sunpro tach?

images

Hmmmm, I just can't see a 5-inch tach in the corner by your A Pillar ... that's going to be an obstruction and a pain in the azz to mount IMO, and your shift light is going to add to the dilemma since it's on the left.

Sounds like it's time to fab up a bracket girlfriend!!! :-D

Oh, and Happy Birthday too! Any other lady who gets car parts for her birthday has to be beyond cool. Forget the 15 pairs of shoes and the mall!!

Hmmmm, I just can't see a 5-inch tach in the corner by your A Pillar ... that's going to be an obstruction and a pain in the azz to mount IMO, and your shift light is going to add to the dilemma since it's on the left.

Oh, and Happy Birthday too! Any other lady who gets car parts for her birthday has to be beyond cool. Forget the 15 pairs of shoes and the mall!!

I have a similar tach and i love it there in the corner, it's not as bad as you would think. I have the sun pro 5 inch also and the shift light should spin to wherever you want to put it, but you have a point. I guess you will just have to put it there if you like the idea and see if it is in the way for you.

I have mine mounted in the corner by the a-pillar... check out the last few pages of my build thread (link by my signiture) to see a pic of it.. its a 5" auto meter tac... as for the shift light, if its moveable just move it to the other side of the tac... and put a cover over the light when driving at night! LOL ..

Figured I'd just save the trouble of having to go through my build thread LOL .. here is a pic of where mines mounted...

Attachments

• tach.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 188
I put mine where my cig lighter was, but I have a 66 Plymouth Valiant.
It fit in the hole perfectly, Just a though, like you I really don't need it up on the dash. Looks like a great tach :cheers:

Attachments

• RAMCHARGERS%20TACH%20II%20002.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 159
Thanks everyone! ya'll gave me some awesome ideas. I'll keep you posted on where and how I mount it in!
Thanks again!

-
Back