tach hook up?

-

cudadan

Reaction score
i have an older auto meter 3 3/8 tach in my cuda,, i have the msd tach hook up and the dakota reader.. how does this get all hooked together so i can use it with my tach?..5.7 hemi with an A500 trans.. i know i have to run the MSD adapter off the pink wire on the coil.. after that im lost,, any help or do i need a whole new tach?

What is your plan for controlling spark and injection. Hooking up the tach if using MS3, Big Stuff, FAST, or AEM should be 'relatively' straight forward. Hooking a tach up if you are using the factory computer might be more problematic.

Let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Little more research done.

All of the aftermarket stand alone EFI kits have a tach output pin that should send a suitable signal to your tach.

But if you are using the factory ignition system it can be a bit trickier.

Fortunately MSD sells a tach adapter that will allegedly work with any msd tach.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessoriesdetail.aspx?vid=99

Best of Luck.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Call Chris at Hotwire. He's more than likely fielded this question a hundred times. I think I remember him saying the MSD adapter will work, but it was a few years ago at the nats when I talked to him......and I've slept since then. :glasses7:

If you are using the 03' computers and harness then no tach adapter is needed as the harness has the wire. If using 05' and up, the msd adapter is needed and it works perfectly!!!

when using 05 computer an the msd tach adapter, do you have to run a msd tach with this adapter , or can you run any type have of tach, i have a nos sun i wanted to use from the early eighties? thanks ed

Should work with any tach.

i still gotta run the Dakota reader right? My set up is all 05ram factory set up. The dakota reader instructions seems kinda vague

Yep, gonna need that too.

if mine is not a dodge dakota do i still need the reader? no seriously what is the dakota reader? i have yet to hear about this? thanks ed:banghead:

Dakota digital, google them!

-
Back