Taco Warmers or Performance Headers?

-

TXDart

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Here are the wildest headers I have seen for /6.
I had they guy include them in my purchase of his 225 rebuilt motor and other parts I purchased...
TXDart

Attachments

• 04082011 010.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 744
  • 04082011 011.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 695
  • 04082011 012.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 731
Do a search for power pipes you'll find quite a long thread with alot of arguing about whether or not these provide any benefit or not.I did not realize any were actually ever sold .If nothing else they are good for a conversation piece.

Those are indeed PowerPipe DC (DC for dual connection). By definition they are not headers. I define them as a divided oversized exhaust manifold. The runners into the manifold chamber, the manifold chamber, and the exhaust outlet are significantly larger than stock. There was vehement debate over on SlantSix.Org concerning their benefit.

I have a PowerPipe SC (single connection) on my 73 Dart. It is essentially an oversize exhaust manifold without a heat provision for the carburetor. What I can say for the SC is that the exhaust outlet fits a 2¼" pipe perfectly, something the stock manifold will not do. Because it has no heat riser, it is like a header.

RE: Taco warmer. I haven't tried cooking on a /6. It would not be difficult, however. For things you can do in this regard, search Amazon for a copy of Manifold Destiny . I tried some of the receipes with a V-6 Dakota. Not bad.

Not recommended if you are leaking fuel or are using a road dump tube. Putting fatty meats, even in foil, on top of exhaust manifolds is not a good idea as an underhood fire could result.

Reading this thread reminds Me of being on My buddies pit crew I would make a bunch of burritos ahead of time wrap em in foil then put them on the hot manifold after hot laps to warm them up,Good times...

I had no idea they were Power Pipe DC ...
I put Taco Warmers in the title thinking that some Bar B Que pit builder made them.
They make me hungry when I look at them,start thing of cook something.
Might use them on my 1972 Dart with a 2 into 1 pipe to push a small turbo for the friendly on the cheap competition.
I too have heated a lot of things on exhaust manifolds when camping and it does bring back some memories...

Whos got that set that were cooking on the BBQ? Those were cool. Stock manifolds devided and flanged to look like a shotgun, a lot smoother than these smokestacks.

man, never saw that before. Any other odd Slant intakes or manifolds out there? would love to find some uniqie Slant stuff.

I knew I should have bought that stuff when I had the chance! Did you get the factory aluminum intake too?

Ok lets just say i have a set of thes and all i wanted them for is to run two pipes will it take away the hp i have now its all stock slant im not trying to go fast

-
Back