Tail Panel replacement help...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster that needs the tail panel replaced. Anyone have any input on what type of panel to look for?
I'd even be happy with a Demon rear panel.

I have heard to stick with a panel from a used car because they have all the nuts and bolts already assembled, but the ones I have found are pretty rusty.

Any opinions out there?

Thanks!

Ya I was planing on updating that thread but have not got around to welding the new panel on yet.

Was just going to plug weld the holes that were made when I cut the spot welds.

I have a 73 Duster that needs the tail panel replaced. Anyone have any input on what type of panel to look for?
I'd even be happy with a Demon rear panel.

I have heard to stick with a panel from a used car because they have all the nuts and bolts already assembled, but the ones I have found are pretty rusty.

Any opinions out there?

Thanks!

I used AMD panels and they fit real nice, what nuts and bolts ? pretty much everything welds in place...if you look at the first 2 pages of my build thread theres lots of pics documenting the replacement of the tail panel on my 73'.

Just replaced the taillight panel on my duster used AMD panel fit well.
X2 on the nuts and bolts

How did you weld the new panel back into place?

Plug/Rosette weld. Clamp real well, take a 3/8 socket extension and hammer it to bowl the hole a little so it won't blow through. Start in the middle, build a pool, go in circles, end at the edge. Flap down with 60 grit. Alternate sides. Rinse, repeat.

-
Back