-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Anderson

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
We have a 65 valiant safari and are missing the tailgate winder, the plymouth wagons have the same winder, we happy to buy new or second hand.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

By the term "Winder"do you mean the crank handle? Or the regulator?

Crank handle yes, I will take a photo tomorrow of the bit of the regulator that sticks out of the tailgate skin. Am hoping that a plymouth one will fit our car.

There's a '63 Dart Wagon in the West side El Paso pick a part. Yard vandal busted off the tail gate handle, the first few weeks it was there. Probably didn't know how to remove the darn thing, one sees that type of behavior in the pick a part yards here too often.

Photo of our regulator

1641240926806.jpg

Hi cudamark, when I first read your reply I thought bugger I am looking for a rare part but now I have reread , you are saying I have a rare part. I also realise the actual crank handle is hard to find. Looking at what I have , will a plymouth handle fit into my connecting link ?

The outer crank handle assembly shouldn't be too hard to find. It's the same part for all the A-body wagons from '63-6. They made a power version too. The connecting part you have is just hard to find in good condition due to it being relatively soft pot metal connecting to a steel spline on the regulator. There's always a bit of wear there when operating the crank and there wasn't any lube installed there from the factory. I'd recommend inspecting the splines on that part and putting some grease on those splines to help prevent further wear. To me, the hardest part about the crank handle assembly would be finding one with decent chrome and not worn out. After all, they're just pot metal too. Try to get one with the lock cylinder and key if you can. This info applies to U.S. versions. I'm not sure if it does with export versions, if that is what you have.

ScamperTom was parting out a '64 Valiant S.W. back in October. Not sure if he was keeping the tailgate or not, but, you might want to ask. He had an ad in the Parts Car section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back