taillight conversion?

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What all would I be looking at having to swap out to go from the 74 rear bumper and taillights to the 73 bumper with the tailights built into the bumper? I'm assuming tail panel, bumper and taillights obviously, but is there anything else and has anyone done this successfully?

It's pretty involved, but if you have all the compatible parts, it's a days worth of cutting and welding. WELL worth it too!
If anybody is wanting to buy some stuff (Shameless plug here...) I've got the rear frame cap, bumper, bumper brackets, tail light housings (No lenses right now) lower valance and upper quarter panel caps, as well as the correct tail light harness...everything to make the swap for $500 plus the ride.
It'll pay for itself every time you walk up to your car from behind!

How much to 77067 and can I see pics how much rust if any

I think I've pretty much decided on changing the car to a 73 rear. Mainly because I need a new tail panel and tail light bezels anyways and I like the cleaner look.

Don't know if this will help in your search for a donor. IIRC, the 71-73 2 dr hardtops and 4dr sedans used the same rear bumper. The 73 had the big rubber blocks and reinforcement between the bumper braces that the others did not use.

Don't know if this will help in your search for a donor. IIRC, the 71-73 2 dr hardtops and 4dr sedans used the same rear bumper. The 73 had the big rubber blocks and reinforcement between the bumper braces that the others did not use.

Sweet, thank you

-
Back