Tailpipe hanger assembly on a 68 dart

-

62BT409

Reaction score
I noticed that on the driver's side of the under body is a piece of hardware that seems to be spot welded into place. This appears to be a pipe hanging device. Can this part be purchased separately somewhere? If need be I can take a picture and post it
Thanks
JB

That plate is welded to the floor pan. The muffler hanger bolts to this plate. Not sure if this plate is available in after market or not.

That plate is welded to the floor pan. The muffler hanger bolts to this plate. Not sure if this plate is available in after market or not.

416Stroker ... correct. Just seeing if they are available. Someone said to try YearOne. But they are really rough to talk to and deal with unless it's right in front of their nose

I had hoped to replace mine when I redid my Dart but couldn't find any of them around so I repaired mine.

Maybe someone is making them now though. Not sure about Year One. I too have had a tough time on occasion with Year One when it comes to trying to explain over the phone just exactly what it is you're looking for.

Good Luck!

OK, I have alot of people email with help and it was great. But I was not zeroing on the actual part I need. Now I am looking for what I feel is the correct part. I am looking for an OEM piece that is on the drivers side behind the seat area spot welded to the under body for hanging the exhaust. I will spot weld the new or used piece tot he passenger side opposite the one on the driver;s side to hang the dual exhaust. Here is a picture of what is on the drivers side now
Thanks
JB

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

that is not for hanging the exhaust. it is for the e-brake cable, that is why it is only on the drivers side. i'm replacing the floors in my dart right now and i had to remove that in order to swap in the replacement pan.

cable guide0001.JPG

cable guide0001_1.JPG

I found this info out the AM...from another site. And I laughed MAO :eek:)

But damn sure would make a nice starting place for an exhaust hanging situation. Just my opinion....

340sFastback
If you are talking about the ACC-4001 part, Is that not for further up on the riser behind the rear seat?

that is not for hanging the exhaust. it is for the e-brake cable, that is why it is only on the drivers side. i'm replacing the floors in my dart right now and i had to remove that in order to swap in the replacement pan.

Yes, that is (now I find out) an emergency brake cable guide. Now does anyone know where I might contact one?

I found this info out the AM...from another site. And I laughed MAO :eek:)

But damn sure would make a nice starting place for an exhaust hanging situation. Just my opinion....

340sFastback
If you are talking about the ACC-4001 part, Is that not for further up on the riser behind the rear seat?

Yes, it goes up behind the rear seat.

-
Back