Talk me into Fenderwell Headers

-
fenderwell headers all the way.... it's an old school art form... that's slowly being phased out, cause of all the company's trying to make it easier for the consumer to install a better product.... in the end stuff that's supposed to be easier is just as hard if not harder than what you originally planned on doing in the first place..... it all depends on how hard you wanna work to make **** easy on yourself....manifolds?? really??....if i was doing a full resto on a numbers matching car... drag strip hero???....maybe he is... what do you care....right...what it all boils down to is this... it's all about what YOU like not what everyone else wants you to like...but if you ask for opinions, get ready for the **** storm in the forecast..... lol hahahaha

fenderwell headers all the way.... it's an old school art form... that's slowly being phased out, cause of all the company's trying to make it easier for the consumer to install a better product.... in the end stuff that's supposed to be easier is just as hard if not harder than what you originally planned on doing in the first place..... it all depends on how hard you wanna work to make **** easy on yourself....manifolds?? really??....if i was doing a full resto on a numbers matching car... drag strip hero???....maybe he is... what do you care....right...what it all boils down to is this... it's all about what YOU like .not what everyone else wants you to like...but if you ask for opinions, get ready for the **** storm in the forecast..... lol hahahaha

I agree, like I posted before Ive been running them on my car longer then most posters on here are old.
Put them on my 66 Dart why back in 66 when I bought the car. Yea when you turn your wheels ALL the way they rub a little. I am running a 26 inch tire with no problem. I don't have any problems with them dragging, or them rusting and all the horror story you hear. Ive actually run them for 48 years so it not just BS . Again it your call.

I have been running Hooker Super Comps on my 71 Duster since 1981. 440 RB,727, frame connectors. When built fenderwell headers was only available for crazy's like me. I have conquered all the said issues, pro and con. It's a race car I drive on the street. It never sees the rain and I don't worry about silly things like resale value! I love my Hookers and will soon buy 3rd pair!

Ill just put those here haha(cars not done but have ran it, an yes i KNOW i need to fab up front support bars.)

Wanting to see how far the Shumachers would go,I installed the engine out of my 67 Dart that ran 10.71 with tti 2 inch headers.

0102111541.jpg

2010-07-23_222628.jpg

446 ci
.590 Hughs cam.
M-1 intake

1221091536.jpg

Went 10.93 threw the mufflers and off the juice.
We lost .2 of a second using Schumachers.
Also note these times we all done using springs off a 71 Duster and MT ET Street tire's. 12.50 tires.
All I'm trying to say here with picture's is unless you want to use fenderwell or tti's I'm not sure you need to.

Side note the 67 Dart had SS springs and a adjustiible snubber.

Womanator,
I know this is an old post, but I want to thank you for your posts on the Schumachers! Your posts help influence my decision to go with the schumachers in my Cuda.b

Glen

-
Back