Tci 727 question

-

Josh owen

Bang em till it breaks
Reaction score
In my coronet I have a TCI street fighter 727 its been great for about 16 years zero issues. Few weeks ago I was going to a show and generally I shift it manually up into drive and I shifted to 2nd and it was just like I hit neutral. Low and 3rd still shift firm like always. Reverse works good to. I changed fluid and filter after and outcome still the same. I've wrecked a few 727s and usually when they break all gears go at once any one have any ideas before I pull it out?

In my coronet I have a TCI street fighter 727 its been great for about 16 years zero issues. Few weeks ago I was going to a show and generally I shift it manually up into drive and I shifted to 2nd and it was just like I hit neutral. Low and 3rd still shift firm like always. Reverse works good to. I changed fluid and filter after and outcome still the same. I've wrecked a few 727s and usually when they break all gears go at once any one have any ideas before I pull it out?
What did the filter look like when you pulled it off? What kind of debris was in the pan?

Nothing aside from normal nothing bad at all. No smoking gun
If the unit is older and/or with lots of miles; I would pull it and give it a good inspection. Overhaul kits are not that expensive and you can upgrade several things while at it.

I have not touched it I parked it. Changed fluid and filter, test drove it and parked again and covered that one up. I have all the main things to swap to a 4 speed anyway and I wanna pull the 340 out for one of my dusters anyway so might be tome to build a 383 and big block and 4 speed swap it.

-
Back