TCP Global

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Have any of used the single stage acrylic paint from TCP Global. I'm just curious how it compares to Nason.

I have used both, I use mostly TCP..... (top coat I use acrylic urethane. never use bc/cc..) I see no difference. paint had been on 2-3 years. under shelter. I am sensitive to paints, and I use the lower volative. stuff from Ca when available.... takes a while for shipping. I hear you can order thru Walmart and save $ on shipping....

I have used both, I use mostly TCP..... (top coat I use acrylic urethane. never use bc/cc..) I see no difference. paint had been on 2-3 years. under shelter. I am sensitive to paints, and I use the lower volative. stuff from Ca when available.... takes a while for shipping. I hear you can order thru Walmart and save $ on shipping....

Are you saying you don't use 2 stage paints or you don't use them?

This gets confusing in terminology.
I just found out the Sherwin Williams has what I was told is a "single stage" urethane line of paint.
Both should be used with "hardeners" though.
And it's a "small" amount for each.
Different reducers and hardeners for each line of paint.
It's not like I was expecting with a urethane.
A "polyurethane" paint that I've used takes a lot more "hardener".
That's what I would think is a true "two part" paint.
Best I can figure out from the internet is that there is acrylic enamel and there is acrylic urethane.

I have a gallon of acylic urethane from TCP Global. Thought about spraying my dodge ram with it. I have the hardener and reducer. Just curious if anyone had used it and the results

Have any of used the single stage acrylic paint from TCP Global. I'm just curious how it compares to Nason.

I have a gallon of acylic urethane from TCP Global. Thought about spraying my dodge ram with it. I have the hardener and reducer. Just curious if anyone had used it and the results

I use the TCP global paints, but I have never used their urethane.
The stuff I use is acrylic enamel.
It flows nice and seems to resist runs pretty well, but note that it sprays a lot better if you add 1 more ounce of reducer for each 8 ounces of paint.
This is their AE single stage, and that is correct that if ordered through Wally World the shipping is 50% less than if you order directly from TCP global.

antenna.JPG

newfender.jpg

closup.jpg

IMG_0379a.JPG

This gets confusing in terminology.
I just found out the Sherwin Williams has what I was told is a "single stage" urethane line of paint.
Both should be used with "hardeners" though.
And it's a "small" amount for each.
Different reducers and hardeners for each line of paint.
It's not like I was expecting with a urethane.
A "polyurethane" paint that I've used takes a lot more "hardener".
That's what I would think is a true "two part" paint.
Best I can figure out from the internet is that there is acrylic enamel and there is acrylic urethane.

The differences in the overall finish will be noticed in depth and endurance. The higher the amount of solids the more expensive generally as well as more toxic. All single stage paints can be cleared over for thicker finish for color sanding and buffing but isn't necessary.

Last edited:
like said, I have used both. had good results with both. the Nason was more toxic. the isocyanides bother me. I use acrylic urethane as I believe it to be more durable but I certainly be wrong!!
no doubt the higher the cosy of any ato paint the better it will be, as in better finish maybe,, but more durable in UV rays... I am no bodyman by trade, but this is my opinion.
years back, I had a guy doing my bodywork. did 3-4 cars a yr and used PPG. great products, never an complaints bout any of theirs, costs more.

I have asked real bodymen questions for years learning. some will simply say, use the second thier primers, and the better topcoats. BUT you have to be sre of compatability.
its nice for everything we do be the "ultimate", perfect, but not all of us can afford that!! ha

The differences in the overall finish will be noticed in depth and endurance. The higher the amount of solids the more expensive generally as well as more toxic. All single stage paints can be cleared over for thicker finish for color sanding and buffing but isn't necessary.
I'm curious about the clear coat. The paint I have from TCP Global says not to be clear coated. Not arguing, just asking. I have used Nason for the interior of my Barracuda and am pleased with the results.

I have used their single stage AU. Not sure how it compares to Nason but here are some pics.
I'm curious about the clear coat. The paint I have from TCP Global says not to be clear coated. Not arguing, just asking. I have used Nason for the interior of my Barracuda and am pleased with the results.

Single Stage paints are not clear coated. They have a product called a "wet look" hardener that goes with it to give it the gloss.

"Wet Look" hardeners are typically in reference to acrylic enamels. Urethanes will never dry without the proper catalyst/activator.

I used a flattening agent with the Nason when doing my interior, especially the dash assembly.

And it is industry common to clear over single stage urethane.
It's not industry standard, but it can be done with some paint systems. If doing a single stage metallic, clearcoating it lends itself to being able to be wet sanded and buffed. Single stage is thicker then base so a paint job done that way can be "thick" lotsa mils.

I read about the isocyanates in urethanes .
Maybe they are in all paints now.
Someone said that.
Regardless, I've started doing all my painting outside under cover.
I like it better.
The mist dissipates, I can see and I don't get it all over me.
Not show quality anyway.
The reason I discovered the Sherwin Williams acrylic urethane is because I asked if they had a thicker paint than the "Dimension" line,

Anything that has a catalyst, hardener, or activator has Iso's in it, sealer if it's 2k, primer, base , or clear. There is some Iso-free stuff out there but usually it's marketed Iso free upfront.

The reason I discovered the Sherwin Williams acrylic urethane is because I asked if they had a thicker paint than the "Dimension" line,

Any second line paint I've used has less pigment per volume then the higher line. Nason vs dupont, Omni/shopline vs Global/Concept. Sometimes you don't really save that much by having to buy extra materials. Some have good luck with it, but I'm not a big fan of Sherwin-Williams paints. It's been a long time since I've used it, maybe the products have improved.

FWIW, I have used TCP Global Paint and found it to spray, cover and polish out as well as any Name Brand Paint I've used. I painted my Barracuda with it 3 years ago. I highly recommend it.
Cuda 50.JPG
Cuda 49.JPG

FWIW, I have used TCP Global Paint and found it to spray, cover and polish out as well as any Name Brand Paint I've used. I painted my Barracuda with it 3 years ago. I highly recommend it.View attachment 1715101619 View attachment 1715101620
Your Barracuda looks great. Mine is a 65 Formula S. Original color was gold with gold interior. Picture is epoxy before 2 K primer was applied.

.facebook_1506526555297.jpg

It's not industry standard, but it can be done with some paint systems. If doing a single stage metallic, clearcoating it lends itself to being able to be wet sanded and buffed. Single stage is thicker then base so a paint job done that way can be "thick" lotsa mils.
I never said standard, I said common, and I painted cars in a professional shop. It was done often.

-
Back