Technology advancement......

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Think about the last 20 years,in the performance industry.Cheap stroker cranks,CNC machined heads.Drag radials,Cal TracsTurbos finally going mainstream.and then some.I am a old school kinda guy,watching this product coming out,is absolutely sweet.What's your opinion?

Cheap stroker cranks: Chinese-made trash. I'll run one if it's made by people that give a damn but I really try not to sell out my country in the name of horsepower. I bought a Chinese-RPM Airgap clone and still feel guilty about it.

CNC heads: Just wait for someone to figure out how to 3-D print stuff like that. That's when shiz gonna get crazy cheap n' fast.

Drag Radials: Tire technology has come along in light-years (or was that Goodyears?) of progress. I'm still not sure if I want to see tweels on my Dart, though.

Mainstream Turbos: It's about time. Also, thank God for mainstream EFI. Now, if only it was cheaper, like Megasquirt was supposed to be?

Here is a good example of technology. F1 one lap in Monte Carlo in 1986 compared to 2011. This is after F1 continues to try to slow these cars down with a naturally aspirated 2.4 V8 limited to 18,000 rpm and limiting the amount of wing that they can run. Like night and day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCqoivFA94"]F1 1986 vs F1 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Was I the only one that noticed the difference in the safety barriers? Wow.

What I would love to see is a simple car built today with NO compliance with and saftey or environmental regulations. I just wonder how inexpensive and yet what awesome economy it would acheive. Supposedly Nissan is bringing back the Datsun name and doing just that. They are talking $3000-4000! It won't be for sale here but maybe when us consumers see what these regulations are costing them they will push back on them more. Epa regulations have outgrown their usefulness and safety should be up to what the buyer wants not forced on everybody.

What I would love to see is a simple car built today with NO compliance with and saftey or environmental regulations. I just wonder how inexpensive and yet what awesome economy it would acheive. Supposedly Nissan is bringing back the Datsun name and doing just that. They are talking $3000-4000! It won't be for sale here but maybe when us consumers see what these regulations are costing them they will push back on them more. Epa regulations have outgrown their usefulness and safety should be up to what the buyer wants not forced on everybody.

This is what would get you for 3-4 K with no safety regulations in this day and age. This one is 230cc and only cost $3,999 LOL

Attachments

• 2012_FourTraxRecon_2000x1275_Red_634E2F.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 163
-
Back