Temp Exhaust

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any one try these? Summit Racing 680144 Exhaust System. Thinking of using them for a temp system

Why would this be "temporary?" A few more details? If all you want is to drive it a bit before some "big system" gets installed just buy a cheap pair of glasspacks and hang under there. Yup loud. Yup. obnoxious. A lot cheaper.

I am thinking for about a year. The inspections and troopers here are a pain. I was pulled over for a frame on the license plate.

I am thinking for about a year. The inspections and troopers here are a pain. I was pulled over for a frame on the license plate.
WOW!!!! In Maine if you register a vehicle as an antique it does not need an inspection sticker. They leave the classic cars alone, unless you are hot roding of course.

What!? Never had any problems with the police. Must of gotten a greenhorn trying to make a name for himself or must be quota time.

Yes he was a neewbee. He actually pulled the traffic code book out and showed me the "any covering of the license plate" Part. I guess I was also an *** because I took off the USAF Retired plate holder from my disabled vet plate as he was checking my papers. He also gave me a field drug test at 10am. I have severe dizziness from Persian Gulf Syndrome and am unsteady walking. I basically told him to take me in for a blood test so I could prove my innocence and contact the news about unfair treatment to vets. It was a little bit funny because I was telling my daughter to always treat law enforcement with respect earlier that day.

HALIFAX there was no reason that trooper had to go that far! He is one that gives law enforcement a bad name and image.

That is a good kit .You will like the mufflers they sound great and are low restriction. I've run them on everthing from 318's to Hemi's.Once you install it you won't be taking it off any time soon. The pipes will be a little long and may need some triming to fit.Other than that, easy install and a good price.

Yes the kit seems pretty stout, I just have to adapt it to the Schumacher headers. The flange that came with the kit will not work. Any one ever use the I don't know the name of them it is like a ball type flare that has some adjustment? Are they any good? VD totally agree with you on the Trooper, there's always one! Do you need clear bolts for the plates? To comply with the code.......

Good exhaust system right there, love the mufflers, good tone, flow well, not too loud, but you can tell it's there.

-
Back