Temp Gauge w/ 6 Pak Manifold

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on installing a mechanical temp gauge with a mopar 6 pak manifold. There's only 1 port from the factory and the hole is smaller than the element for the gauge.

Am I stuck having to run an electrical gauge ??? Not a big deal, but would prefer mechanical.

Thanks

Does anyone have any ideas on installing a mechanical temp gauge with a mopar 6 pak manifold. There's only 1 port from the factory and the hole is smaller than the element for the gauge.

Am I stuck having to run an electrical gauge ??? Not a big deal, but would prefer mechanical.

Thanks

i have an extra 3/8 npt fitting in my rad, opposite the top hose. if not you could put one in. or tap the manifold. that's a hard one.

I've seen this question before somewhere. I can't remember for sure but seems the guy was about to drill and tap for a larger fitting. Adapter fitting or smaller element turned out to be the solution( ? )
The smaller diameter probe was too long and adapter fitting was needed after all {? ) Sorry I have a poor memory.

i have an extra 3/8 npt fitting in my rad, opposite the top hose. if not you could put one in. or tap the manifold. that's a hard one.

Thanks red, That's a thought....tap the rad. Don't really want to tap the manifold.

I've seen this question before somewhere. I can't remember for sure but seems the guy was about to drill and tap for a larger fitting. Adapter fitting or smaller element turned out to be the solution( ? )
The smaller diameter probe was too long and adapter fitting was needed after all {? ) Sorry I have a poor memory.

Thanks also red #2, Yea, maybe someone makes a mech gauge with a smaller element. It would sure have to be pretty tiny.

About the "poor memory".........me too CRS disease.......can't remember sh*t.

Anyone else had this problem ??? Have had a couple of great ideas.........

Would prefer not to drill...........

Is there a mechanical gauge that has a small enough element ??

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Anyone else had this problem ??? Have had a couple of great ideas.........

Would prefer not to drill...........

Is there a mechanical gauge that has a small enough element ??

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

You know I just put a new mechanical temp guage, from Summit, on the Demon and the new BB (from Mancini) water pump had a threaded port just for that probe. I'm guessing you're running a SM and I'm thinking that maybe you should talk to Mancini cuss they may have an adaptor or such that you can use.

sweat or braze your fitting into a piece of tubing and splice the upper hose....

There is a fitting available at auto parts houses that you splice into a heater hose that is made just for this. I have one I'm going to use for the temp. sensor on my AMC daily driver when I convert it to MPI. I would imagine that a similar item would be available from several sources. I think I got mine at NAPA. 4 Seasons Part Number 84540. It has a hole that's tapped with 3/8" pipe threads. I'm sure a person could cobble something together with brass fittings if they tried.

-
Back