temp sunroof rig

-

KIII

Reaction score
I have a 73 Dart Sport and I hear sunroof parts are scarce and expensive. Until I can find somewhat cheaper parts, I wanted to know if anyone knows of any ways to temporarily rig the sunroof to stay closed. I gotta drive this thing every night starting next week.. so I gotta figure something out. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

I had a Duster with a moon roof. The interior of the moon roof as all torn up and missing. The crank didn't work.

IF you don't mind missing the moon roof's interior fabric, you can see how it works and manipulate it all by hand from full open to full closed.

The s/r on my 74 Charger is missing most all of the cable guts.
The rollers/sliders are still there, and I have a couple of 1x2 wood blocks wedged in to hold it closed.
I can wiggle the blocks out and slide it back if I want.
I have no headliner, though, but I don't think you need to remove all of it.
Look on the B body side for a great write up with photos, posted by member ramair.

I had a Duster with a moon roof. The interior of the moon roof as all torn up and missing. The crank didn't work.

IF you don't mind missing the moon roof's interior fabric, you can see how it works and manipulate it all by hand from full open to full closed.

The s/r on my 74 Charger is missing most all of the cable guts.
The rollers/sliders are still there, and I have a couple of 1x2 wood blocks wedged in to hold it closed.
I can wiggle the blocks out and slide it back if I want.
I have no headliner, though, but I don't think you need to remove all of it.
Look on the B body side for a great write up with photos, posted by member ramair.

I forgot to mention that I don't have any parts besides the actual roof (no rollers, etc.)

Ha ha ha, ouch! Then, I guess the blocks of wood to prop and wedge in will do.

I'd be very interested to now of parts form a 5th Ave s/r would work on these.

-
Back