_MG_5002cs.JPG

_MG_4998cs.JPG

_MG_4968cs.JPG

_MG_4923cs.JPG

_MG_4916cs.JPG

_MG_4913cs.JPG

_MG_4907CS.JPG

_MG_4906CS.JPG

I did not know this at the time, this was something like 7000 lbs of material I bought in a lot from a warehouse project, they had ordered too many of "one piece" for shelving. These are galvanized approx 2" x 2" x nominal 8 ft channel with which I made two "carports." The peaked roof one is now shedded clear in and lockable. Welded up, put in place, and roofed with common "5 delta" roofing. The front one has seen some DEEP snow perhaps 3' at times. I've shoveled it some, but just don't worry about it anymore.

Juz' sayin I....................... and no regrets so far, either

View attachment 1715988109

View attachment 1715988110

View attachment 1715988111

View attachment 1715988112

View attachment 1715988113

View attachment 1715988114

View attachment 1715988115

View attachment 1715988116

View attachment 1715988117

View attachment 1715988118

I did not know this at the time, this was something like 7000 lbs of material I bought in a lot from a warehouse project, they had ordered too many of "one piece" for shelving. These are galvanized approx 2" x 2" x nominal 8 ft channel with which I made two "carports." The peaked roof one is now shedded clear in and lockable. Welded up, put in place, and roofed with common "5 delta" roofing. The front one has seen some DEEP snow perhaps 3' at times. I've shoveled it some, but just don't worry about it anymore.
Whipass Job Dell! Reminds me of when I did metal stud framing on exteriors. You can do Everything/Anything with that heavy gauge! Looks Great Man!

Here's another vote for Shelter Logic. I've had a number of these things over the years, the SL holds up the best. 2-3 years on the top is about right, but it's pretty cheap to replace. Sidewalls last a lot longer. I use a 5-gallon bucket filled with water and a bit of bleach at each leg to hold it down. I also string parachute cord lengthwise on the roof at the 1/3 and 2/3 width both sides, to give more support to the roof. If I don't when it starts to rain (and in the PNW, it's all about the rain) the roof bellies badly and holds water. The paracord helps keep the roof from bellying between the frame members and holding water/snow. For snow, I have to get out there early and often to shake it off. Otherwise it again bellies the roof and makes a mess. However, this is a reasonable cost-effective way to go.

I've got a 12×20 round top shelter logic. On sale I think for $3-400?? The sliver one. Which if I remember correctly is one of the thinnest. The strengths are color coded so chk shelter logic website. I put a slight tear in the roof and once the tear started it didnt last 24 hours and you would swear it was shredded by a Trex. Tried to upgrade while looking for replacement. I lucked out with a brown cover and panel only for around $300. Had to travel 3 hr round trip. The only reason the store had this one was because it was a web return. Someone ordered it for pickup then cancelled order.
The brown top still looks great going on 3 years? Oh I sandbagged mine down. At least16/18. I also pounded rebar in the grass.

I've had one of the Costco temp garages for probably about 7 years. First one lasted 5 years until I didn't go out and knock the snow off of it and it collapsed the next day. That was definitely my fault.. all I have to do is keep an eye on it and if it gets a couple inches on it go out and take a 6 ft or so 2x4 from the inside and punch the roof a few times and it just slides all off and each one of the six sections it takes about 3 minutes... I've done it numerous times every winter and never had a problem till I forgot one time LOL.. beyond that mine's in between houses and well protected from the wind but I've seen them when they're not protected from the wind and out in the open and then that taking off..

-
Back